How old are your cars?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I don't agree that old car necessarily means inefficient car. In fact, the economies of scale can work in your favour

Read more...
Feel free to comment on this news item and tell us what you think.

My car is 1999 - so 13 years old

and just flew through it's MOT

As said in the write up, when you buy a new car, you lose as soon as it leaves the forecourt

And in this uncertain age, people need to keep cars longer, as they can't afford to get a newer one

Bora is 10 years old and 142000 miles, a little rattly sometimes but solid. Engine feels like it could go forever. Focus is 8 years old but only 33k and still feels like a new car.

That said, when I change the Bora it'll be for something 5 years old or less, as I'll want to keep it for a long time.

Bora is 10 years old and 142000 miles, a little rattly sometimes but solid. Engine feels like it could go forever. Focus is 8 years old but only 33k and still feels like a new car.

That said, when I change the Bora it'll be for something 5 years old or less, as I'll want to keep it for a long time.

10year is a long time for most users, how do you keep that?

6 years - 2006 (56) Fez ZS TDCI @ 47/48k

10 years - 2002 (52) Mk1 FRS @ 44k

Actually can't believe the FRS is a decade old, still looks fresh today imo and even in standard form would show up a few of the newer hot hatches.

We have a winner. :bigsmile:

maybe not........... my Jensen is also 44 years old and Ive had it for nearly 20 years

oh and
civic 2003
gtr 1991
stagea 1997
and the 911 is 40 and ive had that for nearly 35 years

the leon is 11 years old the legacy is 15 years old both are pulling well and only a bit of surface rust on the legacy and apart from the stone chips on the bonnet the leon has none
icon6.gif