How often do you wash your car and what products?

Tex

Torque Junkie
Car
Vec CDTI SRI 180+
Was debating this on another forum i browse on..

How often do you wash your car and do you enjoy it?

Personally, i ensure that i wash my car at least once a week, normally on a Saturday morning, rain or shine too, 2 buckets, one with warm clean water and the other with proper car shampoo, usually P21s not fairy liquid type muck, hose the car down thoroughly, using a nice soft mit (meguiars) wash car, depositing mit into clean warm water, once done, hose suds off, leather with clean damp chamois, apply P21s polish and then P21s carnuba wax, treat wheels with alloy wheel cleaner (P21s) and treat tyres and all chrome parts of the car.

Takes me a good few hours which annoys the missus as she wants to go shopping, but tough, i never use the Kosovan types with their gritted leathers :mad: maybe i'm a a little obsessed - but i really do enjoy it :D

I like to wash my car as often as possible. When I do I spend a few good hours doing a proper job, get some music on and enjoy it! I hose it down a couple times then get to work with the shampoo. I hose it down again. I use high definition wax (Autoglym) and make sure the car is gleaming! I use a bit of washing up liquid and water on my rims. When I've finished I stand and admire it and probably take a few pictures!

heh how often to I was the bike, well lets just put it like this.

the only thing its had in the time I have owned it getting near to a wash is rain as Im riding through it heh.

not even thought about it yet tbh, its ACF-50'd, so that means if I give it a good scrub up it will need a new aplication of ACF (anti corrotion formula)

might have to give it a bit of a wash tomoro actually thinking about it, cos of all the road grime and salt from gritters.

When you say wash do you mean a quick rinse - which is a monthly job for me. Or a thorough get rid of the tar spots and clay bar, finishing with a wax? This is a 6 monthly job for me and takes around 4/5 hours.

i love doing a full valet on my car, when you do a good job, you feel proud and your up 100 euro because someone else didnt do it

if you do clean your car every week, doing a full valet dosent take long as youre half way there anyway
i must say though, i hate cleaning honda accords, everytime i cut myself or bang my bones, thats before i clean the seats, they gather fluff like i dont know what and its nearly impossable to remove it

other than that, id clean cars all day long for you

When you say wash do you mean a quick rinse - which is a monthly job for me. Or a thorough get rid of the tar spots and clay bar, finishing with a wax? This is a 6 monthly job for me and takes around 4/5 hours.
thats a full valet mate, and it would take that long, but its like a new car when its done
i do it every 2 months along with a service

im a freak when it comes to maintaining my car, but its what i love so, it could be worse,

I washed mine the other day. Took me ages. Went over it 4 times with the jet wash whilst scrubbin it with a mit. Ain't done it in ages though. An I took 4 layers of dirt of aswell. Does come up pretty good to so I should really do it more often.....But....lol:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

I usually wash my car at the petrol pumps pressure washers as its the only place you don't get soaked standing in the rain as everytime I go to wash my car the typical Irish weather starts!
But thats not what annoys me its the fact that i spend €6 nearly every 2-3 days at the pumps trying to get my car washed but no matter how hard or soft i go over the car once i get home its half washed at the top and down along the bottom of either side of the car its all dusty and dried in dirt straight away!
So i was thinking it might be cheap shampoo in these machines?
Any solutions?

I usually wash my car at the petrol pumps pressure washers as its the only place you don't get soaked standing in the rain as everytime I go to wash my car the typical Irish weather starts!
But thats not what annoys me its the fact that i spend €6 nearly every 2-3 days at the pumps trying to get my car washed but no matter how hard or soft i go over the car once i get home its half washed at the top and down along the bottom of either side of the car its all dusty and dried in dirt straight away!
So i was thinking it might be cheap shampoo in these machines?
Any solutions?
hi mate, im irish too, il pm you later but for now

it wouldnt matter if its crap shampoo, its you are bad at cleaning it

id be out in the back of beyonds with my motor, and it gets destroyed
this is how i wash mine

1st i power hose the car with shampoo, giving a bit longer on the lower part of the car

2nd i cover the car with foam

3rd and this is the important bit
i scrub the car with sponges til i get the dirt off

4th i power hose of the suds, give it a good long blast

5th i wax it straight away, when the car is wet its better as it thins out the wax, and i get a very shinny new looking car

if your car is really dirty and the above dont work, use white spirits on a cloth and rub down where its dirty, then power hose it with water
trust me, it wont destroy your paint work

hope this helps you

do it buy hand at least then yu know its you thats done the ba job and not the carwash.

the stuff used in garages aint cheap buy the way, used to work in a filling station and it was 5 ltrs to 50 ltrs of water and that was before it went through the pressure system

hi mate, im irish too, il pm you later but for now

it wouldnt matter if its crap shampoo, its you are bad at cleaning it

id be out in the back of beyonds with my motor, and it gets destroyed
this is how i wash mine

1st i power hose the car with shampoo, giving a bit longer on the lower part of the car

2nd i cover the car with foam

3rd and this is the important bit
i scrub the car with sponges til i get the dirt off

4th i power hose of the suds, give it a good long blast

5th i wax it straight away, when the car is wet its better as it thins out the wax, and i get a very shinny new looking car

if your car is really dirty and the above dont work, use white spirits on a cloth and rub down where its dirty, then power hose it with water
trust me, it wont destroy your paint work

hope this helps you

Cheers man. Done the trick with the wax and leaves her gleaming! Thanks