How not to make an exhaust

Charliep

Torque Junkie
Car
Alfa GTV & 33
Had this car yesterday on the ramp.

First of all the tail pipe was not sitting straight and stuck out to far.

The bend to avoid the rear axle beam was not aligned hitting the beam.

The reverse welds and the stepping up and down is very unprofessional. This was sold as a performance exhaust. It loses performance, which is the only description I can give mentioning the word 'performance'.

And it doesn't even sound great.

I would expect better than this from Custom Chrome.

Very disappointing.

Attachments

• custom_chrome1.jpg
    custom_chrome1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 23
  • custom_chrome2.jpg
    custom_chrome2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 22
  • custom_chrome3.jpg
    custom_chrome3.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 16
  • custom_chrome4.jpg
    custom_chrome4.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 13
  • custom_chrome6.jpg
    custom_chrome6.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 16
Re: How not to make an exhust

That's a real shame CP, do you have any pictures of the finished work after you have done your magic to it? ;)

This doesn't look much worse than the 'performance' exhausts I have removed from the Cossies I have stripped. Every car has had an aftermarket stainless 3" sytem but, so far, only one has had what I would accept as a decent, unbodged, system.

That's a real shame CP, do you have any pictures of the finished work after you have done your magic to it? ;)

This is work in progress. The exhaust is now finished. Still, a lot more is to be done including the boost pipes, oil cooler, some water hoses, air intake, electrics and mapping.

The whole system is section welded from mandrel prefabricated sections and made by ourselves.

Attachments

• P1010114.jpg
    P1010114.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 12
  • P1010118.jpg
    P1010118.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 12
  • P1010142.jpg
    P1010142.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 12
  • P1010143.jpg
    P1010143.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 16
  • P1010144.jpg
    P1010144.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 15
Looks great CP :) I wonder? are you from AMD by any chance? You don't have to answer the question if it is awkward to answer it; I was merely thinking out loud! :amuse:

Looks great CP :) I wonder? are you from AMD by any chance? You don't have to answer the question if it is awkward to answer it; I was merely thinking out loud! :amuse:

No, but AMD is going to be a customer of mine. We are in negotiations. One day I am going to reveal who I am. ;)

No, but AMD is going to be a customer of mine. We are in negotiations. One day I am going to reveal who I am. ;)

That's good to hear CP and I also look forward to the day that you finally reveal who you are :blink: It's like waiting to discover who's really behind the mask of a super hero :)

nice highlight on the crappy exhaust, hopefully educate some younger people as to importance of escaping gasses would be interesting to see what their supposed bhp gain were by fitting it lol