How Much?

MsEditor

Tuner
Hello all...

Well I have decided to sell my beloved.. Problem is I have absolutely no idea how much to advertise her for?? I've looked on ebay etc but the prices differ quite a bit so thought I would ask here and see what you think is reasonable.

She is a H reg silver GTO TT - Tax and MOT just out at the end of July so probably a good project for someone

Loads of extras all HKS - dump valve, air filter, exhaust, manual boost guage, Lenso 18" alloys, Eibach suspension.

She needs a bit of TLC though...

Active aero works once then the light comes on
She is going to need brake pads soon I think
Crossed drilled discs are warped so need replacing but she still stops on a penny
front number plate cracked
small split in front bumper
wheels are scuffed

I can post some pics on if that helps?

I had the capacitors done in the ECU a year ago by the ECU doc.

I nearly sold her last year but just couldn't bring myself to do it but now I work for the Ambulance service and the wages are crap to say the least. I really need to get a bike to make the commute to work cheaper so I think I am just going to have to let her go.

I have asked a few people but just don't know what to do? some say sell as spares but I don't think I could cope with someone taking her to pieces!! so maybe as a project for someone who will get the enjoyment from her that I did... but how much do you pay for a project like this?

So whats your advise guys?? I'm just a blonde bird so don't have a clue :blink1:

Hi Waynne, Pretty sure it would be fairly easy to go through problem is I don't have the time or the money to do so... on the bones of my arse mate! as said working for the NHS im on school leavers wage!

I know it would make sense to put it through, just not sure I can... I've just spent out on TAX/MOT for the Audi so that will now be a car for when I need it and main transport a bike...cheaper all round.

A car without an MOT is usually viewed as a "break for repairs" car an MOT will push the car into the viable runner and you'll get far more for it.

With an MOT I reckon anywhere between £1800 and £3000 without an MOT you will only likely get half this.

Store it?

Hi Waynne,

I have booked the car in for MOT tomorrow, if it goes straight through then great... if it doesn't then I will at least have an up to date fail sheet so anyone can see that it will have only failed on minor things and know the cost of repair. Unfortunately I can't put any money into putting it back legal on the road :(

Can't store it either, I'm moving into a flat at the end of the month with no garage etc and only one allocated parking space...

Thanks for the advice, I'll get the MOT done tomorrow and take some pics and put it in the for sale section on here and see if there are any takers!

Fingers crossed then. Check the fluid levels and bulbs. It would be a shame if it failed on something silly like that.

Hey! That will more than pay for itself then! Congratulations and good luck with the sale.

Get the car as clean and shiny as you can - this too adds to the price.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back