How Much to fit a GT28 to a clio 197

clio197MJB

Tuner
Car
RS Clio 197 2.0
if i bought that, what would you reckon it would cost me to have it fitted onto my clio 197 (N/A). so all i would have is the turbo, then everything else they would have to supply, expensive??

Re: T28 Turbo For Sale!! Brand New & Cheap!!!

whats the compression ratio of the clio ? - pretty high i would have thought. so you would need to lower the compression. so new pistons ideally stronger rods and crank, clutch, exhaust manifold, downpipe, plumbing, intercooler, diversion valve, injectors, map

would say it would be pretty expensive fitting the 2.0 turbo from the megane might be a cheaper option

will move this to the clio forum

Don't do it. That GT28 is journal bearing crap for a start. Secondly, if I were you I'd go with throttle bodies just to keep the feel of the car the same.

about £2,500 for the throttle bodies fitted MA? or am I being optimistic haha

Possibly. Most of that cost is in the fuel management tbh. I'd suggest speaking with a company like K-Tec racing, who don't offer a kit currently but it might be worth asking them if they are interested in developing a kit using your car at a reduced cost to yourself.

PG is most likely spot on about the high compression ratio, being a high power 2 litre, so you wouldn't be able to run much boost anyway without uprating the internals at massive cost.

yeah your right you guys......wishing i'd got the RS Megane and simply uprated the components on the engine.............im talking trash i think, i love my clio, MA, the whole, ask KTEC to develop one with my car......would they really go for it, do mainstream companies do this sort of thing or would everybody and their mother with an RS be onto them about it????

asking them might be something, several companies do take a customers car and do the work on it at reduced cost, maybe only paying half the labour for example if they think they can develop a kit at a decent price and there would be demand for it.
downside is you could be without a car for a while

Happens more often than you might think. A lad I know (not so much a friend) had Jamsport develop a kit on his 172. 204bhp with just the kit and nothing else, could hit 220bhp with cams, but anything beyond that will need forged pistons. Saved him a lot of money letting Jamsport use his car, he did say how much but I can't remember.

You'll need to change the pedal box so it has a throttle cable too.

this is where i sound like a real dimmock, how much to change from fly-by-wire?

would they do that as part of the development or would they say i had to do it before they would take the car?

p.s sent a e-mail to their office

here it is

dear sir/madam

My name is Michael Bray and I am a proud owner of a clio 197. I have been looking on your website for some up-market modifications, chief among which, a throttlebody kit.

I was shocked to learn that a company so reputable as yourselves do not do such a kit.

If you would be willing, I would gladly hand my car over to yourselves to develop a throttlebody kit, should you wish to make this joint venture please do not hesitate to call me on 07507201644.

I am based in west yorkshire, if you were agreeable to my offer, i would gladly make the trip down and seek alternative transport whilst you had completed your work.

Im not after a free meal ticket so to speak, I understand there would be some cost involved on my part, but perhaps a discount would be understandable considering the profit that your company could make on the back of producing a kit of this nature.

I hope to hear from you guys soon

kind regards

Michael Bray

what would you say if you were them?? lol thanks agen you guys!

It depends on if they feel there is enough demand, if they feel they could make it profitable enough and how much time they have on their hands. Can't hurt trying though. They would probably sort the pedal box out tbh. As for the change, it's just a case of swapping the box (may be able to use an earlier Clio), and probably fabbing a couple of brackets.

Try Jamsport also.

Ah right, what a pain in the ass,

I suppose really all they need to do is adjust the manifold slightly and tweak the mapping, if it was a completely different engine then I guess they would take you up on the offer, but who know they could in the end deside that a new kit would be the way to go and they may e-mail you balc with another propersition...

Having had a 172 myself I think turboing a cliosport would spoil the character of the car. If the 197 is similar, it's all about mental high-revving, whipping to the redline, and gokart handling. So I'd be putting my money into making that engine even more whippy.

sell it and buy one of these

whippypaint1%5B1%5D.jpg

whippy enough as standard lol