How much spent on your car each month

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
Excluding fuel and insurance how much do you spend on your car each month?

In the last year I've only needed 4 tyres and a full service so £600 over a year actually works out quite cheaply at £50 per month. I bet a few on here are spending a lot more than this on their cars and keeping them on the road.

Yes it is safe to say that I exceed the £50/month :embarrest: Does not bother me in the slightest! If my baby needs money spending on her then so be it :)

I think ours work out about 50-60 a month i do my own servicing what i cant do my son does,so i am fairly lucky.I have,nt included the cost of remap which is happenning at the end of the month.

Not a lot this year, so far.
January - Nothing
February - £50 on aluminium welding, £30 on switches, £15 on spray paint cans, £70 on bespoke front strut brace

I ignore fuel, servicing, tyres, pads and discs, insurance, tax, wheel alignment, washing/cleaning, bi-annual A/C recharge etc.

So we have to look at actual repairs of failed components. In my case I'm happy to say that since July 2010 it's been 1 brake caliper, one water pump and a couple of loudspeakers which I managed to damage myself.

Caliper, £55, labour about the same.

Water pump sub £200 inc labour.

Speakers about £200.

Cheap motoring really. As if anything's cheap these days.