how much research do you do

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
when you are buying performance car parts do you research the brands and models thoroughly?

Do you bother looking into things like oil tyres and brake pads or do you rely on your supplier for information and tips?

I research as much I as I feel necessary, most of the time I know what I'm looking for. If I am uncertain I ask you genius's.

If anything I over research, if that is possible.

Unfortunately there is rarely one answer to any question. Ask 3 'experts' a question and you will likely get 3 different answers. So, in the end, you have to make the final decision.

Alternativly, stick to one expert who you trust, which is what I am doing. Or, rather, one expert in the particular discipline I am researching at the time, be in engine, suspension, chassis, etc. Mixing the opinions of more than one expert in a particular field is a recipe for disaster.

i always ask around. just 2 days ago i was asking about brake pads and oil type. opie oils says 5-30w, VR4 owners say 0-30w
brake pads, i dont need them but since the hubs are being changed i thought, why not? i dont want the top of the range yet but i didnt want standard either. i would up with OMP which i should get tomorrow
tyres, i have asked and i just keep going back to falken due to personal experience

I get really silly about it and it ends up taking over my morning/evening/day/week :embarrest:

Her indoors reckons I have issues :lol:

I have a bit of an OCD condition when it comes to tyres/brakes/steering/alignment. I research these constantly; even when neither I nor anyone else needs information.