How much night driving do you do

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How much driving at night do you do? Does this bother you?

I know a few people who hate driving at night but I prefer it. At least in country lanes you can see the lights of oncoming cars.

What are your thoughts and feelings towards night driving?

Similar really, I prefer driving at night due to less on the roads and being able to see oncoming traffic easier etc. Also, white cars with 6 blue letters on the bonnet are easier to see due to certain reflective strips etc ;)

i enjoy driving at night, same reasoning as above. i live in the countryside so advantageous being able to more easily spot something coming towards you from round the corners,

A fair amount (1400-2200, 1500-2300 and 1600-0000 shifts all add up).

Generally, I prefer late night driving, tends to be less traffic on the roads. 2200 onwards can get my computerised mpg reading over 55 work to home - 5 mile trip in urban conditions - next aim is to get it to 60 :D

A fair amount (1400-2200, 1500-2300 and 1600-0000 shifts all add up).

Generally, I prefer late night driving, tends to be less traffic on the roads. 2200 onwards can get my computerised mpg reading over 55 work to home - 5 mile trip in urban conditions - next aim is to get it to 60 :D

You still at Kings Mill buddy?

I love night time driving. And early hours eg 3am onwards.

Same here i prefer night driving flat out through the lanes. cant drive the same road in the day a: cos of traffic b: parked vehicles with people on corners very sensible almost like it was parked there on purpose...lol see the old bill easier ease off the gas and pass normal. got one over on them...lol ;)

night driving is much better, less noise so you can hear your engine more(unless u have a big one then theres no problem lol), no slow drivers sitting in front of you doing 20mph!

Basically clear roads for a nice drive!

You still at Kings Mill buddy?

I love night time driving. And early hours eg 3am onwards.

That I am. Said hi to a young lady who owns a Clio Sport a week or so ago as well ;)

I'd probably get to 60mpg if I remembered to take the spare wheel & toolkit out the car :D

I don't mind night or day. Dusk is pretty hary at times with drivers not putting their lights on, and its worse when the sun is really low.

Used to loath night driving, but for the last year my shifts end mainly at 23:00 so night driving was needed, now i love it, roads are empty, less speed traps, the ability to see headlights around the country hedges is a godsend, you feel like a rally driver taking the corners at the speed limit ,brushing the hedges.

mind you, the ricers come out in town at night, town driving is a little iffy, got chased tonight by a saxo with about four or five lads in it, lost him in the lanes dead easy though, all his speakers weighing the car down i expect!

I enjoy driving in the early hours as generally the roads are empty so you can go at your own pace, although you are more likely to get pulled over by the police (anyone up later than 11pm is suspicious!).

It's good that you can see headlamps coming, but don't forget drunks and a lot of cyclists don't have headlamps!

I enjoy driving in the early hours as generally the roads are empty so you can go at your own pace, although you are more likely to get pulled over by the police (anyone up later than 11pm is suspicious!).

It's good that you can see headlamps coming, but don't forget drunks and a lot of cyclists don't have headlamps!

I know that only too well. Been pulled many of times when I used to work in Nightclub.

anyone up later than 11pm is suspicious!quote]

That is true, sometimes work nights when either playing or mixing so I've gotten pulled over so many times for a check I can't even remember and I'v only had the licence for just over a year...

I prefer driving late nights and early mornings out of town... I get better focus and it's the best way I know to relax and clear my mind. Often go out for a 30 min-an hour drive while in exams just to get rid of the stress