Torque Cars

How much does a full car respray cost

Discussion in 'The Paintshop' started by obi_waynne, 5 August 2015.

1. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    How much would you pay for a full car respray?

Would you want a bare metal glass out respray or would a masked off windows/etc respray do a sufficiently good job?

I would have thought that a colour change would require part removal but a touch up respray would work with glass and rubber seals fitted.

2. Aerial Andy944

Aerial Andy944 The Torque Meister

Sunny South Somerset UK
    Car:
    VW Golf GT TDi 200
    My Skyline was a full respray with the bodykit removed which revealed some nasty rust. Mine cost £4000 which included full car, new metal repair, wheels and engine block. Colour was a white with a blue flip.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood
    I have started to look into this. What I would like (but keep it to yourself) is a dark grey to black continuous fade, front to back, with no disernable change lines. I thought that this would be straightforward with a printed wrap, but not so. One custom paint shop says that they can do it - for around £7k.

4. herb

herb modherbrator Moderator

west midlands
    Car:
    Seat Leon Cupra
    Iirc? Aren't you eventually changing the bodywork to carbon?

If so is it worth splashing out on a spray job?

5. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood
    Unfortunately, my CF man's health isn't so good so he can't do it :-( Also with the roll cage fitted the body is unremovable. I now have three rolls of CF spare.

6. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Our resident CF junkieT9 will be on that in a flash ;):rofl:

7. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood
    Nah, he prefers it hard and shiny :)

8. ICEDEMON

ICEDEMON Wrench Pro

cambridge
    Car:
    vauxhall corsa 1.3
    I have a couple of resprays places near me just waiting on quotes now for all different things to be painted. Il put some prices and links up wen i find out.

9. gladrags

gladrags Torque Junkie

UK
    Car:
    Focus 2.0
    I remember a couple along the road from where we used to live had a teenage son who decided to give his dad’s car a rattle can re-spray. He went into Halfords and bought about a dozen aerosol cans of silver paint and proceeded to spray it one Saturday afternoon while his dad was at the football. What a mess, I thought his dad would go ballistic but no, he actually drove about in it for about six months before he got it resprayed. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder it seems.

10. helphos

helphos Wrench Pro

Olney MD, USA
    Car:
    BMW 325 XI
    I just saw this Mustang with an 'unusual' wrap from SEMA. It's not for everyone, bu I think it would look nice on my C4 Corvette. Despite the final look, it's not cheap!!

upload_2016-12-4_18-45-13.png upload_2016-12-4_18-45-13.png