How much can I expect to pay a garage for the following work?

ghettokartel

Tuner
Car
AUDI A4 FSI
Does anyone have an idea on how much I should expect to pay a non-audi garage to do the following work.

1. Fit new brake disk's and pads (all 4)
2. fit new brake cables(all 4)
3. fit a new set of lowering springs and shocks.
4. fit spark plugs
5. fit new air and pollen filters.

Ideally, i would like the car to stay over night in the garage so I can bring the calipers home for painting.

Any ideas?

Many thanks:D

Prices vary a lot. London prices tend to be among the highest around.

Some garages will quote a stock figures for each job and not take into account the combined nature of the work.

IE:-
changing suspention = remove wheels
changing brake disks & pads = remove wheels

You'll also need some new brake fluid and why aren't you getting the oil and filter done as well? ;) I'd also recommend an aircon regas if it hasn't been done in a good few years.

Hard to gauge as I do my own work, don't trust garages had a few horror stories. Alot will depend on their honesty and if anything goes wrong in the process, sheared fixings, sticky calipers etc. Brakes cables x4? Is that supposed to read hoses? If so it'll require fluid and bleeding. Could be a days work for one man going well with no hiccups so if I were you I'd get a few written quotes for the work required before going ahead anywhere.

Yeah, you can't beat doing the work yourself. If I had the knowledge I would be taking that route.Im really worried about having spent some much time and money on performance parts only to have them fitted badly:(:(:(. I suppose another option is to find a mechanic and get him to do some cash in hand work.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back