How many times have you crashed?

jc denton

Track Warrior
Car
MR2
I believe I've already asked this question but I'm highly interested in RTC's.

How many times in the last 5 years have you crashed or come off the road?

What where you doing at the time? tuning the radio, having too much fun, putting on make up, falling asleep ect.

Where you out for a fun drive/exploring your limits/testing a new car ect?

I've had a grand total of 5 accidents. Of course I have excuses for each one. Twice I wasn't looking, once I was going to fast to make a corner, once I was practicing drifting & once I didn't have my satnav on & thought I was on a different road.

I'm only interested in incidents when you where at fault...

I crashed my old Civic once. Driving a bit too quick in the wet (inexperience) and managed to smash a rim, wing, wishbone, bend my hub and crack a brake disc in half. I also got crashed into with the same car, on the opposite side not long after it was all fixed.

The E36 is crash free atm (and hopefully staying that way).

i had 4 minor mishaps/bumps all within a month and half of each other when i was 19, so i had my license for less than a year. all bar 1 where caused by inexperience! and i have not had a single 1 since so 15 years mishap free for me:bigsmile:

Reversed into a dwarf wall a couple of months ago - just didn't see it. That's all in the last 5 years.

Twice. Understeered into the side of an occupied van on a wet car park and rear ended someone waiting to turn. Still managed to get the car to Leeds fest the same day with some quick repairs

my metro i reversed into the corner of my house that was before i had a license and could drive. my megane was on my phone drove into the back of some1 wrote my car off. and the rx8 through a puddle and blew it up so only the 3

In last 5 years:
None. Thanks God!

In last 10 years:
As above plus some old man landed in my rear end on highway. Was forced to brake because some Mercedes driver decided to stop (!!!) for no obvious reason. Guy infont of me managed to stop, and so was I. But driver behind me got no enough time to react.
No casualties. Just needed to change rear bumper.

In last 15 years:

As above plus once had to catch rear end of my Golf. Mountain road with leafs in shadows and my disrespect for unknown road leaded to that situation. However, car stayed on road and noting was damaged.

In last 20 years:

As above plus one flight over the ditch into someones garden in my Opel (Vauxhal) Ascona. Was drunk and snow on the road. Guess sommer tyres didn't help me either. Luckyly noone was hurt. Even Ascona didn't suffer any damage! Unbelievable! Still don't know what egsactly hapend there. Even didn't stop to see if something is wrong - just hit the accelerator and get back to road trough the bridge over that ditch i had just fly over. God takes care for idiots and drunk people i guess.
Same winter, same car making piruetes on highway. About 3-4 inches of snow and sommer tyres. Speed about 60 mph (100km/h). Just slightly touched the fence after first spin and continuing with several counter steerings. Didn't hit anything on th road. Car was unscratched. After I managed to point the car where it should be pointing just continued with drive as nothing hapend. Comment about god and idiots got its application here as well.

Hope that's all! :lol:

Thats all I saw too, Loz. Thought he'd said it wrong! :lol:

Well... Despite me not having a full license, idiots do still roam the land, so in the time I have been insured on my provisional, nothing has gone wrong!

ran into the back of a bus :(

and about 9 years ago came to a roundabout and went over it rather than round it, mix of spilled diesel and stone chippings/ gravel was told i was going to fast but a wagon done it a few days later as well

it sucked water into the engine and it started smoking and it blew all the electrics never worked again.

when i meant blew up i didnt mean like in the movies where it went up in flames and exploded that would of been more impressive tho

Thanks for the responses everyone, I just love reading incident reports.

My most recent was when I was practicing going sideways in my new prelude, I was quite proud of myself until I got into a very embarrassing tank slapper & ended up rolling into a ditch
(playing in the rain).

I have gone flat out over a blind crest & there happened to be a corner directly over it
(too fast/complacency)

Another time I was in my dads car & he had just changed the tyres from Dunlops to some cheap sh*t & I understeere'd into a ditch (would have made it on the old tyres!).

Once I just wasn't looking & drove up a bank, did 3 rolls & ended up in a ditch (not looking).

Uh:blink: thought I had had five....;)

Iirc early Renault Epsaces had a big design problem when someone decided to put the air intake right behind the front wheel, it caused lots of cars to suddenly die when going through a puddle.:D