How many problems have you had?

creature

Torque Junkie
Car
mg zs 1.8
List the problems with your mg, im unsure if im just unlucky or if its natural.

-Reverse lights constantly on(when not in reverse :))
-Electric wingmirrors died
-Rear door handles decided to pernamently lock
-Exhaust makes this horrible boom when its cooling down sounds like a gunshot
-Clutch creaks and groans after a week of moderate use

am i just unlucky or is the myth about mg and rover really correct?

List the problems with your mg, im unsure if im just unlucky or if its natural.

-Reverse lights constantly on(when not in reverse :))
-Electric wingmirrors died
-Rear door handles decided to pernamently lock
-Exhaust makes this horrible boom when its cooling down sounds like a gunshot
-Clutch creaks and groans after a week of moderate use

am i just unlucky or is the myth about mg and rover really correct?
i had an mg zr for two years it was ace, the only things i had go wrong which werent major were the door handles kept falling off so i used blue tak,it was naff in the wet and the back end would kick out but that was fun lol and the plastic sides on the seats kept falling off, oh and the wire in my seats snapped so i couldnt lift the seats forwards to let ppl in the back,it was my first car though so i really did love it. iv got a focus now and can say id never go back to mgs now

If the ZS is similar to the ZT then some of those problems could be related to the BCU (computer for windows, locks, etc). Disconnecting the battery for a minute can sometimes 'reboot' them.

The backfire could be unburnt fuel igniting in the exhaust. Could be running rich.

Yeah, should think thats the reason. Mosty likely popping as you said or otherwise causing a bottle neck?

How many gunshot have you herd to know it sounds like one :D

Sounds right creature. Its not easy pulling a dent out of the back box though. Is that a new back box?

thankfully it was the standard one, shame was stainless and looked pefect ill never know how they managed to dent it where they did. unless they went for a drive without the bumper one day.

Unfortunatly ive heard a few gunshots. joys of liveing near dodgy paces lol. Shooting apparantly has become more frequent since my car moved into the area :)

Last edited:
The only problems I have had in 4 years of ZS ownership has been the usual VIS valve failure and broken plenum. Other than that it has been superb! I have done nearly 60k in it and it's now requiring pads at last!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back