How many numpties per day

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
In your day to day drive how many complete numbties do you see. I've been avereaging about 5 per day. Mostly non indicator users, center lane owners and pull out and slow down the traffic drivers. Is it me or is the driving standards getting worse?

see them every day.The most annoying ones are the people who you are behind and are coming up to a lefthand turn begin to slow down then indicate just as they are starting to turn.:mad:

sliproads are the worst, where i live you need to come off the sliroad to joint the dual carriageway. the amount of people that slowdown and then start checking their mirrors before starting to move out is unbelievable. As i work in Vietnam and only come back 4 weeks a year its easy to see the difference, are regettably its getting worse and worse (although driving in vietnam - as shown by topgear - is, "interesting")

best one ive had in a while was yesterday.

basically pushed me out of the town and i was sitting above 30.
tried to pass me coming round a corner, where i had to slacken off to let her back in (yes it was definitely a woman).
went round another few corners and we caught up with a van. Now the van was edging out looking to pass the car in front of it, but something was coming the other way so he pulled back in. Not her straight out passed the van, now i hit the brakes expecting the crash and i was 200 yards off them, but somehow pulled into the space between the van and car before hitting the oncoming car.
followed her into the town as was heading that way anyway she turned into the police station and went through the security gate. wife was straight on the phone
will anything be done about it -
i doubt it

typical,if it was the other way round i bet she would off taken ya reg down and tryed getting something done.But when joe public rings ignore, ignore.

Most drivers are shockly bad, but people who just passed there test seem to be better i find, L and P plate drivers seem to be driving to a better standard that 60% of the people i see on the road.

What are you views to every driver haveing to do a retake of the test, or a refresher day every 5 or 10years? i would be okay with it, if it help keep driveing standards up

Really a pain in the butt to have to retake a test every 5 or 10yrs - think what you would find is that many people either forgot or didnt bother, were still insurnig the car and when they had an accident you find that the insurance company wont pay out.

Current test, My sister gave me some of the theory questions to have a look at but frankly some of them are complete nonsense, the actual answers differ to what actually happens on the road.

test running out is easy enough. you add it to the database that checks road tax, mot and insurance. if your license is out you dont get hte insurance - i know there are many that dont bother anyway.

current test is dated but when you compare the driving standards of some of the people that have been passed for even 5 years its a joke

I'm all for retests after 10 years or at ages 30, 40, 50 and 60 then every 5 years with a health check around 70.

The test can be simple, the oral test will sort out a lot of bad drivers. It should also include a stretch of motorway and focus on low speed manovers like reversing, reverse parking and reversing around a corner.

I'm all for retests after 10 years or at ages 30, 40, 50 and 60 then every 5 years with a health check around 70.

The test can be simple, the oral test will sort out a lot of bad drivers. It should also include a stretch of motorway and focus on low speed manovers like reversing, reverse parking and reversing around a corner.

We'd have nothing but learner cars on the roads if people where made to do a manditory retest. I don't think thats the way forwards. I think education is the answer not taking peoples licences away.

doesnt mean you have to have lessons again. theres already things in place for other driving tests eg i have to resit my FLT test 3 years and Posse truck 5 years otherwise my license is removed and i need to take a full test, the retest only take something like 20 mins where as the full one takes around 45 mins

doesnt mean you have to have lessons again. theres already things in place for other driving tests eg i have to resit my FLT test 3 years and Posse truck 5 years otherwise my license is removed and i need to take a full test, the retest only take something like 20 mins where as the full one takes around 45 mins

I just don't think a retest is the answer. Most people get through the test anyway. It's after they have passed that they become bad drivers. I think education is the answer. IMO.

I just don't think a retest is the answer. Most people get through the test anyway. It's after they have passed that they become bad drivers. I think education is the answer. IMO.
they people that get thro the test anyway will be of a good enough standard to be on the roads, this is trying to stop the people that are such a huge risk to over people off the road.
dont think you should have to have a theory again,(maybe an oral theory?) or anything to the standard of the current one, just a safty cheak, to keep the really big numpties off the road...they cant compain about work and ect as its there own folts that they arnt up to standard.

maybe a refresher test? having a examer or the police(make so really use of there time) sit in the car with you and point out where you can go better, like the old adv driving test, and if you are extremely bad hazard then they revoke your licence and you have to do a retest?

most accidents are because people are being twits, what we cant really stop. or people becoming bad drivers...what we can help. :)

Last edited by a moderator: