How many miles can a Nissan z350 last before break down?

johnnxiv

Wrench Pro
Car
Corolla 1990
I am saving up money for a z350 if I can find one for 10K,
If I buy one at 125K miles, how long is it going to last?
assume maintenance is perform regularly.

Don't be thinking of buying any car at the bottom end of the budget and expect it to be trouble free. They are priced at the bottom for a reason. It is much wiser to pay more for a better car with known history and has not been messed with. I'm sure there are many on here who thought they had bought a bargin car only for it to turn into a moneypit. You end up wanting to get rid of it and can never look at the same car with the same enthusiasm ever again.

The above is certainly true but that doesnt mean you cannott get a car that is a bargain and will be reliable and trouble free.

This is probably less so with sports cars like the 350Z but it can still be done. You have to however be very careful and know what you are looking for. Or just be very lucky.

Just get a professional to have a look at what you want to buy, compression tests etc etc, body panels line up etc.etc and you know you half way there, then just look after it and hope for the best, not much else you can do, sports cars are usually made with good strong bits, so if not fiddled with and serviced properly, they'll last long, check the radiator fluid, should be brightish green not muddy brown, just one indication it was serviced properly, something lots of people overlook.

Get onto Google and find out when major things tend to go on that car - for instance it seems that on an ST220 clutches can start to go around the 80k mark. Then see if they've been done.