How many doors for you

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Are you a 2,3,4 or 5 door sort of car owner?

I'd be happy with either a 3 or 5 door but I guess the 5 door is more practical if you have people in the back frequently and need to let them get out.

I never seem to fit enough stuff in the back of a saloon car, a hatch seems much bigger and more practical as well.

4/5 door prefer the size of a long hatch or saloon.
not sure about size my boots huge but just awkward to get anything big in. saying that i did manage to get a 5ft dining table in there

Personally I like the look of a three door.
Question: When does a 4 door become a 5 door? Does a 4 door car have 4 doors and a boot & a 5ive door has 4 plus a hatchback? I can be so thick sometimes, sorry! :embarrest::lol:

if you can get through the boot into the backseats then the boot is classed as a door.

for example if i delocked my drivers door and suffered a flat battery i couldnt pop my boot and climb through therefore its not classed as a door

If I opened the 406 (saloon) boot I could fold the seats from within the boot cavity and gain access to the car but that was regarded as a 4 door car I think.

2/3 door as said awkward with passengers but makes no odds to me my car gets treated like a van i was looking around the other day and found an almera 3 door van conversion, namely "the one and only almera van" well thats the path I'm going down with my 5 door. Make way for "the one and only almera van with side loading doors".

3 doors for me as it gives the car a sporty look. But I could do with a 5 door as its annoying when you constantly have people getting in and out the back of the car.

Large 4dr saloon is OK. The only thing I miss is the ability to jam big bits of furniture in the back, even if the seats do fold the boot aperture is simply too small.

am not really worryed as its only me in the car most of the time and i dont care about m passagers they should not be there lol

but i do like a 5dr over a 3dr when you have not got them back doors everything you want seems to be on the back seat and you have to keep moving the seat

and the boot as long as you can fit 2 sets of golf clubs in and 2 trolleys

am not really worryed as its only me in the car most of the time and i dont care about m passagers they should not be there lol

but i do like a 5dr over a 3dr when you have not got them back doors everything you want seems to be on the back seat and you have to keep moving the seat

and the boot as long as you can fit 2 sets of golf clubs in and 2 trolleys

I need to accommodate 2 trolleys full of food in the boot - my kids are like bloody locusts.