How many different LOOKS of car are there & describe the

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I was jsut wondering what the main classification of looks were and how to classify them Here is my best shot if i've missed any or I'm off the mark be sure to shout!

Looks

Tuner - Very highly tuned street car generally covered with sponsor stickers or a list of the parts used to create the vehicle.

Ricer - (Agressively used and not flattering) Highly tuned Japanese car also known as a rice burner.

VIP - Luxury car in black with plenty of chrome and very very shiny wheels. Windows are usually fairly heavily tinted to obscure the occupants. Sometimes the car is stretched to create a limo.

Gangster - Large car extensively styled to reflect a lavish lifestyle. Animal skin seat covers, diamond studded interior. Massive alloys wheels. Plenty of ICE including multiple screens and massive subs. Generally a convertible model.

Lowriders (Southern California area) very very low to the ground typically large American cars.

Old Skool - Classic car that has recieved a modern makeover

Classic - A fully restored pre 1980 car which has been put back to the condition it would have left the factory in.

Sleeper - Standard looking car which has had extensive performance upgrades or a car which is a high performance model which has been made to look like a standard, normal production non performance car.

Rat - Souped up car or Minibus with high performance engine that looks terrible. The look is typified by rust, badly sprayed panels and general appearance suited to a car in a scrap yard. The tell tale sign is the sound of a well tuned engine and loud exhaust.

Tricked out - A car with plenty of gadgets and mainly visual upgrades including scissor, Lambo, suicide or gullwing door conversion. Motorised doors and boot/trunk. Split folding hood/bonnet. Hydraulics to electronically alter the cars height and even can cause it to jump off the ground.

Buggy - Car which has had most of the panels chopped away and replaced with a roll cage to create a fun beach going vehicle typically a VW Beetle although other variations on the theme are available.

So Tuner and Ricer are basically just cars that make a lot of noise, look the part but don't really perform with Ricers being typically Japanese cars.

ALL SHOW NO GO's! Some of those definitions made me laugh!

At Modded UK you ask what engine mods they have done to these really cool looking show cars with all the flip paint and more lights than a Christmas Tree and they nearly always say - "Induction kit and Exhaust! but it handles really well" :rolleyes:

JDM - Looks that are rather OEM based because the money has been spent on performance instead. Typical additions are lip kits, carbon fibre, Jap style number plates and tow hooks with a little cuddly toy hanging from them (PG Tips monkey is a good example).

Track slag. My favourite. Stripped out, motorsport wheels, maybe the odd splitter or spoiler but usually standardish bodywork, barely road legal (or maybe even not) :love: