How many cars have you written off

misenthrop

Torque Junkie
Car
Rover Vitesse
How many cars have you written off through either neglect or poor driving!

I've scrapped a few old rust buckets, actually come to think of it most cars I have end up being worthless and end up getting scrapped.

I've had 2 write offs, one was my ZS180, I drove it into a humungous great plough attachment sticking out to the side of a tractor. I was only doing 10 or 15mph yet it still bent the door frame and pillar. It could have been repaired but would have cost more than the car was worth so the insurance wrote it off. I sobbed.

The other was a Vectra CDX that someone decided to write off by driving on my side of the road into me. So that was nice.

None. I don't count last year's RTC because it was judged to be wholly the fault of the other party.

We scrapped the old 96/P Seat in July on the grounds of it being uneconomic to repair - bodywork was very tatty and I'm not prepared to get into welding up wheel arches etc. But mechanically it was perfectly serviceable.

None - although the RS4 is poorly :(

Came round a blind bend doing ~ 20mph (having just turned into a country lane) to find a women in a pickup towing a cattle trailer tanking towards me in the middle of the road. I dove left into the hedge but the trailer caught my front offsite wheel. It's taken a chunk out of the wheel and tyre and seriously trashed the suspension. The wheels all lop sided and both front wheels point outwards!! :-(

only the 1. my beloved cav td. the abs ring tht sits on the hubs decided to break free kicking the abs in as and when!!! that plus the car was on its arse so the load sensor sent all breaking to the rear wheels! anyway i might have clipped a fence at 90ish and left the front of the car there.

I've written off one car and scrapped a car so that's two to my name. The first was a silly crash just after i passed my test then the second car was scrapped when it got really rusty and became worthless to keep on the road.

You had a good bash at that mate.
How'd ya end up on ya roof?

The other car came round the corner half on my side of the road, so we had a frontal collision but offset, so it flipped me over. I remember seeing the car come round the corner and matey in the driving seat leaning over looking for something in the passanger footwell. And then the look of horror on his face as he realised what was going to happen. Then BANG, then the world turning white as the airbag went off and wheeee, over I went. The car landed on its roof half in a field. I crawled out, then thought "feck, I've left my wallet and phone in there", so I crawled back in, got them, crawled out again and called for the ambulance.

First things first eh.
Was you or the other driver injured? Sounds like you was pretty lucky in the sense you was able to free yourself.
I didn't have anything beyond a sprained ankle and some cuts and bruises. Matey was in a Hyundai but still only suffered a dislocated shoulder, probably from the seatbelt. He didn't flip over though.

Hi,
Answer 1: None
Answer 2: I had one old banger written off from an MOT check. The list was on toilet paper:lol:
It might just have survived a bit longer if I had not taken ?advise??:confused: from a workmate who claimed to have mechanics' training:blink:
He said that the inner wings were OK but a few days after the rust was bringing the front suspension through it:amazed:
I've had a few silly shunts, a couple of near misses with others driving abilities and observances but no serious crashes. If I am honest (as we should strive to be!) then admittedly a couple of'problems' were probably of my own lack of getting it right too:embarrest::confused:
I am posting another thread re some Tests I did today. My son has expressed a desire to have a few driving lessons and I picked up this site: driving-test-success.com.
How many cars have you written off through either neglect or poor driving!

I've scrapped a few old rust buckets, actually come to think of it most cars I have end up being worthless and end up getting scrapped.