How many car looks are there

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
We've talked about the Jap and Euro look cars.

What other looks can you think of and how would you explain them or define them?

Rat Look - a perfectly good car is made to look old and unloved. Typified with rusting panels and torn interior seats and shabby wheel trims. Looks best on Classic VW Beetles and campervans.

the chav look, you also have to dress the part to fit in with this, (spose its the same as the barry look).

The stealth look!!!

the chav look, you also have to dress the part to fit in with this, (spose its the same as the barry look).

The stealth look!!!
well if your going to be like that the sleeper look :toung: (the same as stealth but hayley has the copyrights to that 1):lol:

ricer i would say is all show and now go. Most of them have nothing more than intakes and exhaust, maybe a turbo(if orig equipped) with a BOV and some kid behind the wheel. Also can't forget the stereo that weighs more than the car. with enough base to rattle everything

Well lets see, you've got...

The Euro look, slammed, smoothed & phat, small diameter alloys with stretched tyres.

The pseudo race/rally look.

The Cal look VW's, taken from the way Vee Dubs were modded in, you guessed it, California. Sort of traditional with a modern flava. :)

The Ganster look, low dark & mean ( I've always fancied a big black old Mercedes with the vertical headlights done like this).

& I've run out for now, but there must be hundreds...

Last edited:
has anyone seen the americans how they do the euro look on golfs over there,i was unsure at first but really like it now,i hink its deserving of its own persoinal name. thers the muscle car look

The standard look with serious performance - Q car is that?

Yep sleeper or Q car, I think Q car came from the Metropolitan Police. They wanted covert cars with plenty of poke for nabbing baddies. They still use them today, A couple of months ago I passed what looked like a decorators van with ladders on it on the M25, only to have it pass me again with blues & two's on!!! :blink:

is it true in uk they have imprezas for the boys in blue? i know they have 911`s in germany and the italian police last year recieved a murcialago from lambourghini if i can remember,its a fully functional ambulance car with space to carry organs across the motorway in emergencies and all sorts of goodys for the luky copper who pulls the winning slip out of the hat to drive it!

is it true in uk they have imprezas for the boys in blue? i know they have 911`s in germany and the italian police last year recieved a murcialago from lambourghini if i can remember,its a fully functional ambulance car with space to carry organs across the motorway in emergencies and all sorts of goodys for the luky copper who pulls the winning slip out of the hat to drive it!

Yep & Evo's. The Skoda Octavia vrs is a popular Q-ish car too.

Here's a question, Is a Baja bug a look, or a conversion for a purpose?