how long should i leave car stood???

andyalbone

Track Warrior
Car
Honda Integra dc5
This might seem like a bit of a silly question but with the celica beeing at my mums what should be the longest I should leave my car without starting it up or taking it for a quick spin?
I normally leave it 3-4 weeks will this have any effect on the battery or any other parts especially in this icy wet weather?

Not sure really,but i had a mondeo stood for 18 months i used to start it up now and then to keep the battery charged and let it run for a while a couple times i pumped up a tyre ,but nothing else seemed to be affected,i also left it in gear when it was left rather than use the hand brake incase it siezed,i used to move it to and fro so wheels etc didnt sieze etc, hope this helps!.

If you could keep your car for long time ... you should follows following steps/methods :

Disconnecting and reconnecting your battery
Keeping your paint finish in good condition
Clean brake dust off regularly
Check your battery terminals
Check your tread depth
Check your tyre pressures
Check your belts
Checking your coolant leve
Checking your oil level
linspect or replace spark plugs
lubricate locks, latches, hinges

Thank you

If stood for a long time with no running I would recommend before attempting to fire the engine up is to remove the fuel pump relay then crank the engine over until the oil light goes out, replace the relay and then fire it up.

I left my 2 celicas for a long time sat on driveway. Now I've had to send one away to the Scrapman. I don't want to send the other but I fear i may have to :(

i wouldnt say il leave it that long just a couple of weeks and the battery dies itself in that time due to the alarm think il go this weekend and start it up and drive it down the street just so nothing seizes

i wouldnt say il leave it that long just a couple of weeks and the battery dies itself in that time due to the alarm think il go this weekend and start it up and drive it down the street just so nothing seizes

It would,nt hurt to do that now and then it would keep things sweet !!!:)