How hard

Tonee4130

Would it be too fit an s13 engine into a Nissan Sunny engine bay? Also I am guessing we'd have to make the sunny rwd...

I have a mechanic (my dad)... also have all the tools

I know COST woul dbe a big factor but I am just wondering what is involved in doing such a thing. I could ask my dad but he isn't here atm... 8)

EDIT - or shall I just wait a few more month too get an s14 (as I plan too)

Hi anth,welcome to Torquecars.You are talking about a complete strip down adn rebuild with custom driveshafts etc...

I would wait for the S14 - you can do a lot more to those - if you feel that you need to!

Cool! 8) 182 hp in a Sunny - I think you'll need to add wings to that set up! :twisted: Keep us posted on the project as it goes along (take lots of pics as well).

How long do you reckon the conversion is going to take you?

im intrigued - SR20VE Engine & SR16VE ECU. I would have thought that the ECU should match the engine - I guess you know something I don't does this set up give more power?

Gives you a higher rev limit, also possible too put the 16 cams in the 20 aswell

Other options include installing SR16VE cams in the SR20VE for a increase of 5whp peak and 12whp at 7800rpm. If you are an SR16VE owner you can install a 2001 Nissan SE 4 counterweight crank with new rods and pistons to increase displacement to 2.0L. Specifics on the rods and pistons are currently being tested and we will provide more information as it is available.