How does your car handle

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What would you say to sum up the handling of your car?

I would have to say that mine is stable and rock solid. You feel in full control even when driving near the limits.

The car gives a good amount of driver feedback through the steering although there are better cars for steering feedback out there I still rate the A3 for this.

seems to handle well on the straights at speed but a bit wollowy in corners. all 2wd mk4s suffer from this however. hoping to pick up a 2nd hand rear anti roll bar for it or a cheap set of coillies depending on what happens at work regards the speed bumps, mountains really, the new one is definitely alot lower than what it used to be so hoping the other 3 end up the same

Have you tried setting a bit less toe in? It can really help cornering sometimes. Keep me posted on your thoughts of the ARB.

The Alfa has higher than average toe-out from the factory, as most Alfa's do. Handling isn't bad but I've got a decent set of tyres on which helps. Still feels a bit wallowy (as Pgarner said) mainly due to the weight and coming from years of driving hatches day-to-day. Heavy diesel engine up front means it doesn't turn in as well as I'd like but we'll sort that in time.

I will upgrade to Koni FSD shocks and Eibach springs when the Punto is closer to being finished. Don't want coilovers because I do a lot of driving. Need to get a front strut brace ordered soon too and perhaps Eibach ARB's like I have for the Punto if I'm still not happy.

Like a go kart, got the ride of one too!
mood_bouncy.gif