How do you upgrade a 95 honda civic lx on a budget?

I'm mainly interested in performance and durability, since keeping a low profile ( figuratively ) is preferable. I know some performance parts a readily seen, but not always conspicuous. I enjoy learning how to do my own labour, and since describing procedure is often cumbersome, I WOULD settle for directions towards knowledge.

Thanks for your time, WagenVolks.

I'm mainly interested in performance and durability, since keeping a low profile ( figuratively ) is preferable. I know some performance parts a readily seen, but not always conspicuous. I enjoy learning how to do my own labour, and since describing procedure is often cumbersome, I WOULD settle for directions towards knowledge.
Thanks for your time, WagenVolks.

I would start with suspension then. Coilovers, front upper strut brace, rear upper and lower strut brace, poly bushes and anti-roll bars need to be researched.

Strut braces are easy to fit for first timers, however I would leave the rest to a professional. Whilst coilovers can be fitted on your driveway if you don't have the knowledge of how to set up ride height, camber, castor and toe in/out then it's better someone with the knowledge does it.

Braking can be improved with some stainless steel brake lines and new pads.

Performance wise can be done but will be more difficult to keep discreet when doing 'the usual' mods. For example an exhaust will make the car louder.

Thanks for the input. I'll search for some good economical braces to start and post how it turns out.

I've seen plenty of attractive upgrades on 'Procivic.com', but I'd Really like to know where to find quality products at their lowest prices.

General Public- Please don't just advertise for your own websites, as the car building experience shouldn't be a disheartening one.

Cheers!

Sorry smokin your post got held in the moderation queue because it contained links and you have less than 10 posts.

I've been looing at the AEM V2 cold air intake, Tein has in car adjustable coilovers ( since I'm new to this, I didn't know you could do that! ), the AEM Engine Management System sounds like it has potential, and even stage 1 nitrous system sounds good right now. My first, and most potentially expensive obstacle, is getting my moneys' worth in products. So, if you care to share your two cents, I'm listening!

Thanks.

As far as cold air intakes (CAI) go you won't get much better than the AEM v2 and Tein also offer some of the best suspension kit on the market so both products are very good. I believe the Tiens you would want are called 'Superstreets'. Another option is Skunk2 coilovers. Also very good but don't cost as much.

To put things in perspective I have just ordered some HSD coilovers for my BMW E36 and they a fully adjustable in every way. The castor and camber can be adjusted from the top of the strut (meaning under the bonnet). These cost me just over £800.

I wouldn't worry too much about ECU upgrades yet. This is the last thing you should do after you've done all other power mods. I would also leave the nitrous alone as well unless you use the car for drag racing.

Does anyone know if you can put a paddle shifting transmission in a 95 Honda civic lx? Right now it's an automatic, and apparently laughable when paired with an upgraded engine.

If any of these questions belong on amateur hour, please show me where to learn. ( Besides technical schools, since joining is just a matter of time. )

Cheers!

Does anyone know where I could trim weight off my 95 honda civic lx without exposing parts with which my child could tamper or destroy? I know I should start with myself, but every little bit helps.

Thanks.

Does anyone know if you can put a paddle shifting transmission in a 95 Honda civic lx? Right now it's an automatic, and apparently laughable when paired with an upgraded engine.

If any of these questions belong on amateur hour, please show me where to learn. ( Besides technical schools, since joining is just a matter of time. )

Cheers!

You can put a manual transmission in but it is a lot of work. IMO it would make more sense to do a complete engine swap and with the new gearbox.

It will cost more but you'll get more power as a result.

Does anyone know where I could trim weight off my 95 honda civic lx without exposing parts with which my child could tamper or destroy? I know I should start with myself, but every little bit helps.

Thanks.

Depends on what sort of budget you have tbh mate. You can get things like carbon fibre bonnets but they are expensive. Alternatively you can just un-bolt anything that you don't need.

Hi...
I'm also tuning a civic lx I started with a shell and was originally going to keep it all stock but that's not my style so I found a 98 integra ls and pulled the whole front end out engine, tranny engine harness, struts, rotors, calipers, sub-frame, the whole 9 yards and slid it under the civic and everything bolted right up minus the abs sensors and the swapped out the rear brakes for integra disks, calipers, struts, and control arms these also bolted right in place of the stock ones but you will have too swap e-brake cables out of an integra ls 4 door the cable ends are different from the civic ones

this swap cost me less then a $1000 bucks