How do you know it has been done?

Wanda

Authorised Trader
Car
Renault Megane 2 cc
I went into a garage today and asked them to check if my wheels needed tracking or alignment. I was told it was slightly out so I told them to go ahead with it. £30.00 later I asked whether they have a printout of before and after (as some do). I did have a bit of a chat with them but made me wonder how can you know for sure if you have slight adjustments that they have actually done something if they don't give you printouts?

I suppose it is down to trust ,it is hard to leave your car with a garage if its your pride and joy! but if you dont know much about cars you have to find a garage you feel at ease with and trust!.

True , it may not be possible to know for sure but remember you took your car into them and asked them to check things. They just did what you asked.
If you wanted a check with a print out then you really need to ask beforehand if they provide that service
As a side issue the cost seems reasonable to me even if there was nothing wrong after all they are entitled to charge you for checking something unless it was advertised as a free service.

£30 is cheap for alignment. A full four wheel geometry setup is likely to be closer to £100 or even more

Correct, I would be worried if the offer was only £30 :amazed:
Mine are anywhere between £80 and £120 depending on how much of a fight the adjustments put up. I have an agreement that £120 is the max for my baby however long it takes :)

in most cases if there balanced the weights should be new and for alignment you should have a before and after print out

it was an alignment check not wheel balance

£30 is too much for a balance and not enough for re alignment....

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back