How do you heat your garage?

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
At the moment I am using electric fires. They work but are expensive to run. Thought about a wood burning stove; relatively cheap to buy second hand and cheap to run but a bit of a pain sorting out the chimney.

Anyone use those jet engine blowers? Any other ideas?

Not sure I'd like the idea of a naked flame near a car and petrol fumes!

The big problem is the need for ventilation so if you vent the exhaust out through a duct you can keep everything all closed up and cosey warm.

The ceramic heaters are quite effective, throwing the heat exactly where you need it and they are not too expensive to run.

At the moment I am using electric fires. They work but are expensive to run. Thought about a wood burning stove; relatively cheap to buy second hand and cheap to run but a bit of a pain sorting out the chimney.

Anyone use those jet engine blowers? Any other ideas?

A lad Who's wip i'm following on another forum. Has 1 of those heaters. But he built a trolley to accomadate the large gas bottle so he could wheel it round and swap between his heater and welder
I'll get a pic later if you wan't?

In my old larger garage I used a calorgas heater during the cold spells. I also insulated the roof sheets and put some carpet down, helped with crawling under the car and keeping my back off the cold hard floor!

In my old larger garage I used a calorgas heater during the cold spells. I also insulated the roof sheets and put some carpet down, helped with crawling under the car and keeping my back off the cold hard floor!

Good point, I have an old calorgas heater somewhere....... I also have carpet tiles on the floor. They would be one of the last items to go as they make working on the car so much nicer.