how do i tune my charade 1.6 gsxi?

fredthebowss

Car
daihatsu charade
hi i was hoping some of you guys might be able to help me a bit. ive just bought a 1.6 gsxi and i love it but id love it even more it if it still had the 124bhp it should of had before it was imported and de-tuned to 105

anyone with any tuning advice?

trying to buy any performance parts is a bitch!!

many thanks fred.

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

Cannot help you directly with your question, but someone will be along in a little while no doubt who maybe able to help you! Good luck ;)

Hello and welcome to the site mate

why was it detuned when it came into the country ? thats the reason for most jap imports was because they came more powerful

In Japan, the Charade 1.6 16v are called a GTI and have 124bhp. When the brought the same car to the UK, they detune the engine to 105bhp and call it the GSXI. I dont know why they detune the engine but this is what every website says.

ahh right so its not actually a jap import then right. i thought it was detuned when imported

could be some internals in the engine along with a different fueling map.

yeh i cant find out from anywhere what the difference is, my guess was the map maybe a different cam dunno? ive been trying to find an exhaust, air filter, a nice 421 manifold maybe some cams aswell but nothing. anyone with any ideas?