How clean is your car now?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Lets do 1 to 10 scales of cleanness where 1 is eating your dinner off it levels of cleanliness and 10 is so much dirt you could grow potatoes in it!

Here's mine!:-
Outside 6 (Bit of dirt and dust but I can still see the colour)

Inside 2 (Cleared out all the rubbish the other day but there is a footprint on one of the mats!

On the outside it's about a 7 because I haven't been bothered to clean it. Can still see the numberplate so it's not that bad.
On the inside is about a 5. It's not full of junk or anything it just needs hovering out.

inside 11 maybe 12. its not been hovered for a long time and theres wire strands, extra screws hay (dont ask). need to give it a good clean out this weekend.

outside isnt that bad proberly 4 does need a wash

lol errrrrrrrrr im not sure about mine as its been hiding/sulking in a lock up for just over a week now after dying on the motorway :(

it did have full wash and wax before hand but roads were wet so i would guess, outside is prob 6 and inside will be a 2 :)

Runaround is about an 8, filthy on the outside but quite clean inside.

GT is about a 5. Squeeky clean ready for painting on the inside and a light film of dirt on the outside from just standing there for aaages lol.

Mine is udercover so outside is 2
inside 5
dsc0039cg7.jpg

outside 7 havent washed it since i got it :lol: luckily the rain keeps it kinda clean ish
inside 5 not too bad, couple of bottles and papers, nothing drastic

Mine was at about a 2 since i had just detailed it but now two days later its at a 7 because it has rained for the past two days straight. :?

interior is at about a 5 I work 6-7 days a week and I go to school full time so I kinda live in my car. ;)

5 outside.9 inside.its like i emptied my household bins in to the car.The dustbin outside is cleaner.Looks like id be better of going to work in that tomorrow.lol

Out side 3, faint bit of dirt along the bottom sides.

Inside 7, mats/carpet are very muddy and really do need a clean just havent got round to it yet.

Inside 4, outside well the paintwork is a 7 due to rain and road dirt, wheels are 10 as they are caked in brake dust from my track day! Had a busy weekend and my back aches so couldn't be bothered to clean it!

Outside 7, I can see the colour but it really needs a wash and a wax

Inside around 3 just cleand the dust out of it but it still needs a hover and to clean the mats

My Car is a 1, on the outside and a 2 on the inside, I just can't stop cleaning it, I must admit thast I am a bit obsessive with my car detailing!!!

outside is 7 inside is 5 its full of stuff like bottles and sandwich packs but is sorta clean other then the moldy popcorn in the back footwells :D

outside 10 loz can vouch for this! (my mates mrs even asked why my front wheels had green on them and the backs didnt:amuse:)
inside 10 i still use it for work so my passenger footwell is a bin, the rest of the interior is covered in paint, dirt and oil:sad2:

outside 7-8 im not happy with it although 2 folk have now asked me to do theres after i gave her a quick clean the other day. and if it stays dry itll be getting the full works done on it next week. de greased, washed, de tarred, clayed, polished, IPA'd and a couple of coats of sealant

inside 5 as not been able to get the hoover out as its not been the best weather whe ive been off

outside 7-8 im not happy with it although 2 folk have now asked me to do theres after i gave her a quick clean the other day. and if it stays dry itll be getting the full works done on it next week. de greased, washed, de tarred, clayed, polished, IPA'd and a couple of coats of sealant

inside 5 as not been able to get the hoover out as its not been the best weather whe ive been off

Blimey! do you do private jobs PG? :bigsmile:

nah not really takes me long enough to do my own. im looking at doing mine over tuesday wednesday, weather dependant and how i feel after finishing on tuesday morning.
i will post up some pics after its done.
hopefully that should last it until summer time :D

Both my cars are 1's inside and out at the moment. I doubt I will keep up this effort, the neigbours already think I'm mad! 2 cleans in a fortnight (on each car)! :lol:

Last edited:
Both my cars are 10's inside and out at the moment. I doubt I will keep up this effort, the neigbours already think I'm mad! 2 cleans in a fortnight (on each car)! :lol:

Waynne you must be a pig if if you see 10 as spotless:)
I think you have it the wrong way round;):)

2 on the outside now as theres still a few small swirals that i cant get out, need to get some compounding polish. thats excluding the 2 scratches that are too deep to fix and numerous stonechips on the front end.

inside 3-4 need to shampoo the mats in the front as muddy foot prints in them

not bad for around 6 hrs work

Sx4 is a 2 on the outside as I am planning a wax job this evening, when it gets cooler.
And a 1+ on the inside, most showrooms have dirtier cars on display.

Zen is a 4 on the outside as it needs a paint touch up which m holding back till i finish the mods, but it is still drivable.
And a 3 on the inside as it needs a Hoover, after I removed all the trash from it.

My run-about is not running about for the moment as I still need to get the carburettor back on after I rebuilt it in November last. so its mebbe a 3 on the outside and say a 4 on the inside, if you disregard the tools and parts it has in the back, waiting for me to start assembly.

My farm work-horse is always been a 8 or a 9, inside and out, as it usually never stops for any reasonable level of cleaning, other than when it breaks down.

Just washed it:

08032011915.jpg

And it's this clean (there are absolutely NO waxes/sealants/glazes or anything on the paintwork):

08032011916.jpg

08032011917.jpg

Little specs are dust and fibres from the drying cloth:

08032011918.jpg

08032011919.jpg

08032011920.jpg

08032011923.jpg

08032011925.jpg

08032011926.jpg

Judge for yourself where it goes on the scale lol.

Last edited:
Mine's had a couple of machine washes recently - largely to get rid of the crud on the underside stuck on after the winter.

At some point I'll get out there with a bucket, sponge and some half reasonable sealant to tart it up a bit.

But it's presentable enough for now.