How can you tune an electric car?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
We have to throw most of the tuning manual out of the window when it comes to tuning electric cars.

How do you tune an electric car for better performance? Is this beyond the realms of the DIY motorist?

Will there be downloadable tweaks and hacks you upload to your car computer to make the car faster?

Are there any hardware upgrades that can help an electric car make more power or give it better acceleration?

Yes firmware and software updates will be the way forward, plus I would imagine updates to extend the life of the battery and to extend the distance travelled.
But what about the noise? Ferrari type sounds maybe played through the stereo and linked to the throttle to give you that cheeky grin while driving the unusually quiet machine around town. I can see the day coming when the electric car is no longer considered to be a joke for comedians to use at a social club do, but will I accept the inevitable? Watch this space ;)

Nothing worse than a quiet performance motor :( Drove to Somerset two weeks ago for a Saab show and had to take a detour through Virginia Waters in Surrey. Came across this bad boy and it made less noise than my heater blower...:(

1.jpg