How can I find out if this clutch will fit my car ?

FastLife91

Torque Junkie
Car
Ford Focus mk2
  1. Car - 57 Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTI.

Preparing to replace clutch as displaying symptoms such as vibrating clutch pedal, rattling e.yt.c., common on these cars for clutches.

Somebody sold me a clutch kit said it is brand new. That the car it was for was written off so was not fitted. He said ti was for a 1.9 CDTI for the f 40 gearbox. I also have same engine and gearbox.

When I looked at the kit after unwrapping it ( was not in original box, was taped up when given to me ) I notice the clutch components were LUK but Flywheel was Sachs.

Anyway I found what looked to be the same flywheel on the internet and on checking online it showed not compatible despite being for 1.9 CDTI and F40 gearbox, but I found another that also looks the same and says it is compatible.

then I realized one is for the 16 V engine and the other for a 8 Valve engine.

Is there any way for me to check the fitting is correct ?

thanks

I don't know enough about these engines to offer advice on this one.

Best to chat to a local Vauxhall guy. I would guess the weight of the flywheel is the main difference between these two kits, they both use the F40 gearbox don't they?

See if you can find the original part number as fitted to each of the 8v and 16v. I know from experience that especially ebay sellers can get it wrong in the Does This Fit My Car box. My car from 2008 to 2010 had one form of 170bhp diesel engine, then from 2010-2014 another. Engine parts are different but ancillaries and brakes and suspension are the same, yet often they will come up as not right for my car.