honda shuttle s reg

steve c

Car
honda shuttle
hi everyone i need some help diagnosing this problem.just fitted new battery and plugs as required and couple of days later car just went dead at 50 to 60 mph.all instrument panel lit up,and engine stopped speedo went to zero before car stopped.all dash warning lights went off ,back to normal.put car into park and turned ignition on, then started car as normal.it has happened again once,two weeks later. any ideas please.i have checked integrity and tightness of topside earth connections.steve c.

hey and welcome mate,

check both earth leads, 1 form the battery and the alternator ones. Also check the leads are pushed right in, ive had this problem where the car was starting to cut out, turned out the HT lead from the coil to the distributor cap was loose, had to widen the cap for a tighter fit

Cheers for that, i`ll check that out later,and i was reading the accord and prelude pages which indicate cleaning out the egr system as this can affect fuelling on alight throttle after accelerating to your cruising speed.my previous trouble with turbo diesel was a map sensor problem but i think all these fuelling systems dont get all the maintenance checks required and the problems just sneak up on you as the mileage gets higher.my honda is at 124,000 now and just as sweet as ever running on mobil 1 sport 15/50. Thanks for that tip .it will be checked out tonight.steve c.

Its also worth getting the battery checked. I presume it is a sealed unit? If not does it need topping up?