Honda Radio

Type-Riter

Wrench Pro
Had my Type-R Accord for a couple of weeks now :D

On two occasions, shortly after a cold start the Radio cuts off. When I turn it back on, I have to re-enter the code. Drives you barmy as I also have to retune stations and bass, treble, fade etc :x

Anyone experienced anything similar, and if so how did you rectify it :?:

When the power is disconnected this soemtimes happens although yu usually get a few minutes. I suspect therefore that power is cut from the radio temporarily - this is not normal. You say it happened on a cold start - was it before the engine started, as the engine was being turned over or after you drove off? Any other electrical problems - does the interior light work when this happens?

Hi Waynne

It happens after about 3 minutes of starting the car. The power is still there as the green and red lights are still on. And the radio turns back on straight after going off, albiet it needs the code entering.

Occasionally, after getting in the car and closing the door, the interior light goes off as normal, then sometimes comes back on again as I go to put the key in the ignition. Is this normal for Hondas?

No, my Civic doesn't do this. Sounds to me like there's some kind of problem with the wiring, has any electrical conversions such as an aftermarket radio or dials been installed? I would recommend getting it checked by an auto-electrician.

When I bought my prelude it had an aftermarket CD player/radio in it, I had the same problem, involving the memory of the radio, eventually me and my mate got round to taking the thing out and re-wiring the whole lot there is an orange wire which constantly feeds the radio trickles of electricity, this keeping all your settings and stations what had happened is the idiot that had put the radio in didn't attach that wire, sounds like that could be the same problem if anyone has been at the back of your radio, or if it's an after market system, it's not hard to fix, you can do it yourself. I don't think the light problem is connected (no pun intended) sounds like it might be a faulty door switch?? or it could just be an accord thing?? does the light go off after you start the engine?

RBr