HONDA CRV 2L AUTO PETROL -FUEL ECONOMY

LZIP

Car
HONDA CRV 2LT AUTO
Hi

I have just bought a Honda CRV 2005 2 litre auto Petrol. 60k miles. I am in UK, Surrey.

I have serviced it and used fuel cleaners etc. I am only getting 19MPG is there anything I can do to get better fuel economy

Thanks
Lee

I think the official figure is around 22mpg for those so you are not doing too badly.

Here are my goto driving tips for better mpg....

Allow the vehicle to coast in gear for the remaining 700 yards to an intersection. Watch for crossroads and slow down as quickly as possible.

Adjust your style for each fill up and check our mpg calculator often to discover which style delivers the greatest MPG.

Avoid braking and halting, and roll up to roundabouts. (If you're good, you can avoid using your brakes!!!)

If it's hot, open a window and turn on the blowers; if your steering wheel begins melting, put on the air conditioner. (At speeds above 30mph, utilising the air conditioning to counteract window drag is a good idea!) A battery depletion causes additional strain on the alternator, needing more gasoline (aircon is very noticeable).

It is mostly used to heat the back window and headlights. Correctly inflate your tyres. However, too much pressure might exacerbate mid-tire wear, so don't overdo it.)

Check your tyre pressures periodically or more often if your MPG is lower than expected. Constant speed is best - 75 mph burns more gasoline than 65 mph.

50 miles at 75 mph takes 39.6 minutes, whereas at 65 mph it takes 46.2 minutes. Is 6.6 minutes of your time, the higher danger of death, the increased environmental harm, and the increased engine wear worth 25% more fuel?

Avoid extended motor idling - switch off at railway crossings, etc.

If traffic is heavy, pull over to a service station and have a coffee. How to improve your MPG results TorqueCars:

Check out our MPG tuning articles for some practical tuning advice and keep an eye on this mpg calculator.

Empty the boot of tools you've used but haven't taken out, camping gear from last year, and junk - less weight Equals better fuel efficiency, therefore a diet would also help.

Changing the thermostatic control or partly blocking the radiator MAY assist certain autos. (Warning: overheating the engine will result in failure.) Keep the automobile maintained - replace the plugs, oil, filters, and check the bearings and brakes.

Disengage the hand brake as well! Remove the roof rack since the added drag increases fuel consumption. Put