Honda Civic D15B2 Air Intake

C

Catamortal

Hello to everyone!

I have just registered in this forum, after spending about 2 weeks reading many articles on TorqueCars, and found them extremely helpful and interesting!

I am soon to be the owner of a Honda Civic 1993 with a 1.5L D15B2, non-turbo charged enginge (90 horse power). Or at least I hope to get hold of one! :eek:
Naturally I am planning on applying some mods to the car, starting with the exhaust and intake systems. I read both articles on that topic on TorquCars and I have a question about the air intake system. On the article it says this:

"if you have a large engined car (or an engine with good low to mid range torque) fit an induction kit with a cold air feed. If you have a small engined car or one with little power in the lower rev band fit a direct replacement sports panel air filter."

Now, I am more inclined to take advise from people from this forum than manufacturers, but I have found a sports K&N intake kit which is said to be designed exactly for that 1.5L honda *Removed URL as per our T&C's* Of course I also found a direct replacement sports panel air filter by K&N as well.
I have driven such cars and find them to have sufficient low to mid range torque, however it still is a 1.5L 90 HP engine, even though I will replace the whole exhaust system (mainfold, apply a sports cat and exhaust and so on)
So, what would you suggest? The direct replacement or the sports (cone-shaped) kit?

I appologize if this article is considered as irrelevant and spam-like.
And thank you for your help!
:D:blink:

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

Your post got stuck in the moderation queue buddy as you had a URL link attached. Unfortunately you will need to have made 10 posts first before the system will allow you to post any photos or URL's, this helps us to deter the spammers. Have a look around the site and get involved with some of the other members threads and you will hit 10 posts in no time ;)