honda accord type r exhaust

mugen

Car
honda accord type r
hi guys, am new to this site. i live in liverpool have just got myself a 51reg honda accord type r in silver. am about 2 start 2 add new things 2 it. want 2 start with a new exhaust system. can any1 give me any ideas which1 i should go for? i dont want one dats 2 loud or 2 big but want some desent power gains out of it. thanks

hey and welcome to the site.
please drop the txt spk to make it easier for everyone.

exhaust itself wont give much in the way of power unless your replacing the whole lot - engine back

as its a type r youd need to spend a lot of dosh to better the exhast system it has
i also see some people remove both the back boxes and just having 1 big stupid looking thing, why do that

id spend my money on a 4 branch manifold if i were you, and dont buy a decat for it either, i have the same engine as you in the prelude, i added a decat to it and noticed

the low end torque goes to #!#!#!#!, and even though the vtec screams a lot louder, it aint faster, so decats on the h22a slow down your car and drink juice

as its a type r youd need to spend a lot of dosh to better the exhast system it has
i also see some people remove both the back boxes and just having 1 big stupid looking thing, why do that

id spend my money on a 4 branch manifold if i were you, and dont buy a decat for it either, i have the same engine as you in the prelude, i added a decat to it and noticed

the low end torque goes to #!#!#!#!, and even though the vtec screams a lot louder, it aint faster, so decats on the h22a slow down your car and drink juice

Have you got a middle box on your exhaust mate? If not, that might be your problem.