homemade exhaust flames

This should be in styling really. perhaps a mod will move it.

People run their cars rich and put a spark plug in the exhaust to ignite the exhaust fumes. It looks a bit too chavvy cos real cars throw out blue flames on the over run wheras spark plugs looks a bit like a furious BBQ. If you have a cat I think you will need some special pipes to bypass it.

illigal...... ILLIGAL........IIIIIIILLLIIIGAL.

LOL.

yes, sparkplug in the "zaust" then run it rich. (I think thats what you do, but dont really know what to hook the spark up to, perhaps a relay so when you full throttle it sparks??? )

I think it's hooked up to a coil that you would put under the car. But to get big flames you would have to use a flammable source sprayed out under preasure. Most people use a butane torch and attach that to the exhaust. It's a home made method anyway :D

This should be in styling really. perhaps a mod will move it.

People run their cars rich and put a spark plug in the exhaust to ignite the exhaust fumes. It looks a bit too chavvy cos real cars throw out blue flames on the over run wheras spark plugs looks a bit like a furious BBQ. If you have a cat I think you will need some special pipes to bypass it.

Exhaust fumes usually won't ignite in their natural state, even when run rich. Listen to a car producng flames and the engine will often sound rough. This is because one or more spark plugs are temporarily deprived of power, sending unburnt fuel into the exhaust. This is what the tailpipe spark plug ignites. This, as stated elsewhere, only produces a weak flame so other methods have to be employed to get 'proper' flames. But what a waste of go-juice. Definitely a case of AFANS. - All-Fart-And-No-Sh*t!

I think the answer here is DON'T DO IT really. It will kill your cat and unless you get a blue flame dumped on the overrun from a powerfully tuned turbo engine it looks a bit sad. ;)

I think the answer here is DON'T DO IT really. It will kill your cat and unless you get a blue flame dumped on the overrun from a powerfully tuned turbo engine it looks a bit sad. ;)

What's a cat doing on a car? We have 5 cats at home; Puff, Whisper, Coco, Jinks and Tasha, but they don't like cars. None of my cars have cats in them. Is it something that hangs from the rear view mirror, like a smelly fir tree?

cat-Exhaust-low-res.jpg

:lol:

:lol: some of us have newish cars that require a catalytic converter, commonly referred to as a cat, for emission laws

Gosh, do they? How inconvenient. When I take my cars for their annual check-up, the emissions are checked by eye. If there is no smoke coming out of the exhaust then they pass :)

the county i live in in arizona doesn't have emissions, so i luck out on that one. also the only vehicle i would have to worry about is my truck but that is at the classic stage (over 25 years old) so they don't chem it anyways in most states.

as for the flames the only thing i have ever thought they looked cool on is a top speed dragster or old school hot rod. everything else justs seems a waste, specially if you have a fart cannon installed.

:lol: At the cat in the exhaust waynne, I hope thats a photoshop cos I'd hate to think anyone is driving around in a car with an exhaust that big :lol::lol: