Hitting your rev limiter

I did that and raised it to 8350 but I have still been known to hit it .

Got carried away last year racing a 35GTR (on an airfield) and hit it in third.

I don't think hitting the factory set limiter is a problem to be honest. K if you're daft and go from 6th to 2nd at 120mph the limiter won't help you

npe no point in the smoky diesel, think i may have hit it a few times in the bora but then again it was really out of puff by the limiter as well

In factory tune the limiter is set well above peak power and torque, usually well into the red on the rev meter as well.

Not much to gain from hitting it really.

You'll not do any damage either if the engine's fully warm and well maintained.

With the all steel, dry sumped, twin cam in the Elan, MANY years ago, I took the factory limiter out as it was set at around 7000. Engine/cam combination in my engine would rev to 9500 but kept it to 9000. I will miss that noise, it was fantastic.

I have never done that, no idea what the sensation would be like either.

Loud and gives you goose pimples...

The little MG revs silly high, but never taken it above 6000ish RPM... Great fun when on the back roads down my way. Luckily we get a lot of passers by who don't use the back roads.

Stamford is talking about the effect a rev limitier has on an engine. It cuts power so the engine coughs and bangs.

I thought we were replying to T9's post about what it feels like... Unless I have confused my self once again... Which I have after re reading your post, OG.