Hitch Hikers

HDi fun

TC ModFather
Car
Passat 2.0 TDi
No, not Douglas Adams' superb literature or the Radio 4 series of broadcasts. Not even the superb but quirky early 1980s BBC2 effort. And certainly not the movie which incorporated the truly lovely Zooey Deschanel as Trillian.

Q: Do you ever pick up hitch hikers?

Q: If so, is it with slight trepidation with regard to your own safety?

Q: Have you ever tried to hitch a lift? Were you taken safely to your destination, or as as close as it was possible to get?

What are your own thoughts on hitching a ride.

I've never picked one up but sometimes I feel guilty. I think if I were actually going to the place on their little card and they had trade plates I might consider it.

Did you hear about the guy who hitch hiked around Ireland with a Fridge for a bet! - Not a joke but this was for real.

Be careful with that one Prince. It wouldn't be the first time that a pretty woman has been used to snare a driver. Then the bully boys come out of hiding and remove your car from you.

When I was alot younger we were in Norfolk hiring out some of those sort of convertible river boats (Roof used to go about 6-8 foot back. 13mph top speed. We crashed them a lot.)

Went with my parents, cousin, auntie and uncle and such.

Anyway me and my cousin, whos 18 months older, went for a walk around a local area, and wound up getting lost. Then we wound up getting a lift off some rather large, kindly lady who pulled over when my cousin stuck his thumb out.

So yeah. And we were quite nervous. Wouldnt do it again.

I'd never pick anyone up, either, frankly. However unfortunate they are, they aint climbing in my normally clean car and covering it in crap from their walk to the road. That, and I dont want to lose my car, lose a limb, blood or have a piece of metal in my stomach.

Generally if anyone was to dive out at me or try and like, screw me up, I do what I do in most situations - go faster. (Seriously, I accelerate through most problems, its terrible. haha)

Where i grew up it is pretty safe to pick them up or to hitch a ride. wouldn't do it in san diego though. Alot of the states have just outright made it illegal to hitch hike. really sucks to, when ya think about it. if someone really wants my car then no biggy, i have lo-jack on all my rides and also i keep my cell phone in my pocket. they drive off i call the cops and give them the tag number for the lo-jack. never had it happen but have had someone try to steal my z. got her back in almost perfect condidtion about 3 days later. the guy tried to take it across the border but the picked up the signal at the crossing :)