high revs when starting car from cold

ade225R

Car
seat leon cupra r
Hi might be a stupid question but when i start my Leon cupra r from cold for example in the morning .. It revs at 2000 RPM sometimes 2500 for about 2 seconds and then idles just over a 1000RPM and then slowly idles down just below a 1000 .. Runs absolutely fine .. Would it be down to running on V POWER fuel ????

Nothing to do with V-Power. This is an ECU setting that is there to heat up the cat quickly in order to reduce emissions.

However, it can be removed on some ECUs by some remappers.

it is there for a reason so no damage will be caused if left alone.

When the engine is upto temp it should be ticking over at 750-800 rpms
The cause of over reving can be a few things the easiest to check is your maf. Firstly start the car get it up to temperature. Then take note at what it's ticking over then simply disconnect the maf and see if the revs drop to the usual 750-800 rpms if it does a maf replacement is needed!
Secondly check all your vac lines a small split can cause this but it's very easy to miss a split line! It took me several attempts to find my split hoses! So the best way to check for splits is to get it smoke tested this is usually about £30 at a garage
Thirdly your throttle body might need a clean and a reset. It's another easy 1 but you will need a new tb gasket also vagcom/fault code reader with the tb reset function
Hope this helps!

Understood, thanks herb ;)

No problem mate!
I know these engines and there common issues quite well as ive experienced most of them:lol:

Just to add aswell thinking about it
It could also be the coolant temperature sensor, O2 sensor

Best bet ade225R is to buy a fault code reader, vagcom or get the torque app and bluetooth odb adapter there are to many maybes with this issue;)