high output alternator

lpm333

Car
partner hdi
Hi.
I'm new on here, but not to ice installation.
Been trying and so far failing, to find anyone out there to help me fit on a high output mechman alternator.
Hoping that peugeot modifyers can help out here?

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

Hi all.
I've got everything equipment wise installed, so last bit now is alternator.
Been in contact with mechman, and now trying to get as clise a match as possible now to oem alternator, do be easier for brackets fabrication.
Need to find out some detailed specification of the oem alternator to help me out.
Need to know the distance between brackets on the alternator and the thickness of the diameter of them. Also the diameter of the pulley.
Please respond anyone out there that can help out

How much current are you actually looking to draw continuously? Bear in mind that music is largely made up of transient spikes. It's likely that the continuous RMS draw is only going to be of the order or a couple of dozen amos at most, thus the car's own battery can pick up the slack. Bear in mind that lead acid batteries are simply polarized electrolytic capacitors.

I have five group 31 xs power batteries as my battery bank.
The high output alternator will allow me to manually adjust the voltage so can run 15v and so get the full power of the amps I run.
The max current draw is around 800 amps running into .5 of a ohm for my four 15's

Right - OK. Is 15v going to upset other vehicle systems or do you have some other form of voltae regulation going on for this purpose.

I can always hook up a step down conversion to run the battery up front, solely to run the vehicles electrics,if any issues at 15v.
Then use the battery bank in the back for the supply to my system.

This is the way I would go. Separate the vehicles electrics from your battery bank.

I can always hook up a step down conversion to run the battery up front, solely to run the vehicles electrics,if any issues at 15v.
Then use the battery bank in the back for the supply to my system.

This is the way I would go. Separate the vehicles electrics from your battery bank.

Yes indeed TN, the max voltage from the standard alternator should be 14.4vdc and is set so with very good reason. Going above this could well end in tears for some of the cars electronics, so keeping the circuits separate is crucial in my opinion too. I would also be inclined to treat the negative of the battery bank set up as a closed radial circuit, so in other words, keep the negative of both set ups totally isolated (electrically separated and not sharing the same ground point).

Yeah i'd go with that big T. Good advice. :)

Yes indeed TN, the max voltage from the standard alternator should be 14.4vdc and is set so with very good reason. Going above this could well end in tears for some of the cars electronics, so keeping the circuits separate is crucial in my opinion too. I would also be inclined to treat the negative of the battery bank set up as a closed radial circuit, so in other words, keep the negative of both set ups totally isolated (electrically separated and not sharing the same ground point).