hi

Pie

Wrench Pro
Hey im Pie, im 21 from worcestershire in the UK and i own a 1985 mini, you know, a PROPPER one lol

Just wondered, why cant i have an image from my photobucket account in my signature??

Pie

Hey Pie, Welcome to TorqueCars.

Love the mini and the work you've done on it, upload some pictures to the gallery so we can all have a better look.

As for your signature, Ive tweaked it a little bit but it still don't work so I think you need 10+ posts.

Perhaps, waynne can share some light on this matter.

Ahh rite, its like that on old skool ford. You cant have links until you post 10 times. Ive got a post about a trip you guys might be intrested in, but it contains a few links lol so ill have to wait until 8 posts time lol

lol, I'm sure you could write 8 (spam-free) posts in a few minutes!

There are several threads that you could participate in.

Im a good spammer lol

As in i can spam lots of posts with useless comment, not the kinda spam that advertises disney films or "new herbal methods to enlarge your manhood" LMAO

General silly chat, here i come lol

Im a good spammer lol

As in i can spam lots of posts with useless comment, not the kinda spam that advertises disney films or "new herbal methods to enlarge your manhood" LMAO

General silly chat, here i come lol

Go for it :p

so have you done anything to the mini or have you been sensible and left it standard apart from tri spotlights wide arches and very wide wheels

From his profile:

1985 Mini mayfair in Island blue. Soon to be sporting a funky Thou (998) with 12g940 (1275) head, 286 kent cam, DCOE 40 weber and a few other goodies such as straight cut drops.

standard?? sorry that word seems to be missing from my vocbulary lol

When i bought it it was a 1275. 10 days later i needed a new engine :???: Big ends went lol

so in July i bought a 1293, took the car to germany (what my post is about that contains many links and URL's) and decided to take the 1293 apart the other month as it was blowing head gaskets every week!!
Turned out to be shagged more than paris hilton!!
Crank needed a full grind, mains thrusts big ends, cam bearings, a new piston (number 3 had a chunk out the side). Block needed a hone and skim. So yeah was shagged lol.
Now ive always been a fan of small bore engines, yes there WAS life befoer 1380s and 1425s, and vv-tech conversions lol
So ill have a 998 with a fancy 1275 head, kent 286 cam, and DCOE40 weber soon. I bought a 998 for £80 and went down to southampton to collect it on friday. Stripped it and it had £215's worth of straight cut drops on, YAHOOOO :D so i was happier than larry.

As for other mods. the cars an 1985 mayfair, with cooper S disc conversion, was on 10" reverse rims, but will noe be on 10x6 wellers. Its got a millenium edition RC40 backbox and minispares superflow 3 branch fanimold. HIFF44 carb with K&N. inside, is stripped out, 2 FIA corbeau Forza bucket seats, 2 4point luke harness's 6point OMP rollcage. And on top, keeping with that retro theme, perdiod works roofrack, complete with 2 spare wheels and a jerry can.

Ill get some pics up as soon as im allowed lol

Welcome to TorqueCars! I've gotta agree, the new minis just aren't the same!

How can they be?

The mini; a BRITISH icon, due to its size and competition entry and winnings.

The BINI/bmw 1 series; made by a german company who made it HUGE.

Congratulations go out to BMW for ruining an iconic car.

Fiat on the other hand, well done to them for reviving a super fun little car, the 500. Now i wouldnt mind one of them, old skool or the new ones.

until you were said roofrack i was right behind you

seen a vid of a old mini with a type r engine slotted under it granted it was quick but didnt sound right

mate had a think it was 94 1.3 had just painted the engine got the wide arches on and spent another £400 to get it though its mot and wrote it off 12hrs later absolutely gutted

but he did say it wasnt as nice as the 1275 one he had before it

you can post up pics it just takes someone like me, pixel or another moderator or waynne admin to OK then before they can be seen by every one i think
at the top you should be able to upload them to your own gallery
then add them to posts as you want

there is a gallery for members rides
http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f47/

Ah ok cool.

Cant believe you disagre with the roofrack.

I think youll change tyour mind when you see it, its a propper period rally one, and really looks the part.

Ill go try to load some pics up.

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars Pie. You've been quite a busy poster! Thats what I like to see ;) Car sounds great.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back