Hi

M055Y

Car
Astra VXR Replica
Hi everyone,

My names Mossy and I currently own a 2007 astra vxr replica 1.6 but am looking into getting a diesel for better economy, I've noticed the 1.5 dci Renault megane which I like especially as it's only £35 per year on road tax!

Does anyone have any advice/ tips for these as if I do buy one I'll want to make it into a replica of the Renault megane sport as I did with my 1.6 astra :lol: are there many tuning opportunities with these renaults? Exhaust systems etc

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Hello there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, Nice to have you with us and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do.

Pretty much all you can do for a diesel is a remap, I guess you could make it look like a Renaultsport but it wont sound the same;)

pgarner

TC ModFather
Car
Octy smoke machine
i would avoid it purely because of the reliability issues with the meganes. ive heard more horror stories than good ones.
mate bought the 1.9 and had it a month before he told the garage that he no longer wanted. during the month it was back in the garage 3 times for various faults

M055Y

Car
Astra VXR Replica
Thanks for the welcome people and the advice, I've been looking about and running quotes through insurance and am very surprised @ what i can actually insure now :amazed:

I really want a corsa VXR in silver which would set me back 10.5k :confused: but if i decide to be sensible then I'll probably end up with the fiesta diesel which is in the £35 per year tax bracket.

MasterAuron

Very Senior Member
Car
Mk1 Focus RS
Have you looked at the Fiat 500's - they are awesome little cars.

Not wrong, especially the Abarth SS'. Depends if you can cope with an impractical car though.

They actually due a diesel version of the Renaultsport Megane which is practically idential except for engine, whilst not fast isn't too shabby. Rare too.