Hi there

Frankfassi

Car
Alfa Romeo Mito
Hey everybody.
I've bought an Alfa Mito two years ago and I'm very happy with the car.
It runs extremly well and I can highly recommend the car to evrybody that likes smaller cars or hatchbacks.
I'm keen to get a few things done to it to improve the performance even more.
I already bought a module and can't wait for the air filter to arrive...

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

hey and welcome to the site mate.

module? please dont say thats one of the black boxes that you stick on at your MAF sensor

well it is programmed to the suit the Mito 1.4 multiair turbo.
I found that it does change the performance and it changes gears at about 5,000
it feels definately more torque in the "normal" mode but not 100 percent sure in "dynamic". Overall i think it works but I'm on a mission now. Same with the air filters. After reading for hours through panel filters vs. cone filters blogs and cold air intake I decided to test all on the dyno. I will just report the facts of my findings soon. i want to help people that are confused about cool things that suppose to improve the performance. The 3 A racing filter suppose to be the best and for 30 A$ you cant go wrong. Lets see. Do you have any experience with modules?

sounds more like a piggy back device rather than an actual cheap module. the ones im on about are the things off ebay that claim to give massive increases but are no more than a resistor in alot of hotglue and a nice plug in box. all these do is mis inform the ECU by giving much colder air temps meaning more fuel is injected. that or they tell the ECU to stay on choke.

The module you have is a bit more complicated than that but id still plump for a proper remap over them unless the ECU is locked and unable to be rewritten

sounds more like a piggy back device rather than an actual cheap module. the ones im on about are the things off ebay that claim to give massive increases but are no more than a resistor in alot of hotglue and a nice plug in box. all these do is mis inform the ECU by giving much colder air temps meaning more fuel is injected. that or they tell the ECU to stay on choke.

The module you have is a bit more complicated than that but id still plump for a proper remap over them unless the ECU is locked and unable to be rewritten

totally agree. I went for an ECU upgrade option but the guys couldn't change the software cause it was different for some reason. They ended up opening the computer and I eventually ended up with a software default and no extra power at all. In the matter of fact I couldn't use the dynamic mode at all for two weeks. I talked to a different tuning company after and they said that they were going away from ECU upgrades and using modules. Guess this is just second best and was 500 bucks cheaper. I migh try again later. Thanks for your feedback by the way.

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Thanks a lot and I will keep you updated.

Just bought a thermometer with probe to test some of the temperatures around the air filter cone with original vs panel filter. Dont you love this stuff?

Hi there, it's good to welcome another car enthusiast to the site. Enjoy it post loads and join in the banter.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back