hi people

redbum

Tuner
Car
skoda fabia vrs
hi just joined, from kent drive a skoda fabia vrs looking to maybe have my car remapped in the next couple of weeks not sure yet. but open to some suggestions on maybe increasing the power of my car. cheers for reading.

hey and welcome to the site mate.
might be worth getting in touch with Lemon S3 as he is a celtic tuning representative

remap will give you the biggest bang per buck for your engine bar changing the turbo to one off the 3.0 diesel audi engines - which would require a map anyway

off the top of my head you should see around 180bhp and close if not over 300ftlb

hi mate yeah cheers for the post.

I liked my vrs when first got it but after yesterday driving home had a little bit of an ovetaking spree and had a proton behind me doing the same and he actualy well noty kept up but hardly dissappeared !!!! haha not having that get enough stick for driving a skoda but a proton keeping up??? changes have to be made!! haha i dnt wanna loose out to much on mpg though! suppose there is noting i can do?

a remap on the PD engine actually gives an increase in economy when driving steadily.
its also worth geting a new downpipe and decat as this will help get rid of the gases and as the cat isnt required for smoke makers ;) then you dont have to worry about it come MOT time

wahey defintaly worth looking into nothing to expensive really either, have emailed angel tunnning a few times the tell me they can raise my bhp to 175 with a remap?
and what did you think of the proton?:amazed:

not expensive at all
some VAG places will be as cheap as £250 but most seem around £300-350

think there is a 3ltr proton so that might have been it

1.5 gls i mean my fabia is deisel and that was petrol. not sauying he could match my speed but he didnt exactly dissappear!! makes me angry haha!! but had a crazy tear up with one of them new insignias the 2l and done him!!!

youll find that the PD engines are very good and its not a case or its a diesel its slow.

im quicker off the mark than them but cant keep up with them when overtaking opertunaties arise unless im down a gear.

its worring about the proton however were you ragging the nuts off the fabia ? remember they lose alot of torque after around 4000rpm iirc your better to ride the torque than try and go for the redline all the time

nah dont rag it i dont go over 3700 rpm really not worth it ya no?? short power band better off changing up a gear than changing down for me you are right yeah i can wait for work to get busy agaain that remap is mine!!! haha didnt get to hammer it properly like u could tell he was like doing about 75 80 in 3rd haha. i love thos boras they look smarrt!

Hello there, may I wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars, nice to have you with us.

I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do, it's good to get as many different perspectives on tuning and cars in general.

Most cars will benefit from better econimy when remapped but you definatly need a remap to tell the ecu what you've added especially for a bigger turbo as the ecu's standard learning wont change enough to cope.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back