hi peeps

busyb

wats sup i bought my first car a vauxhall astra 1600cc 8 valve it has in the c16se engine on a f13 or f15 gearbox i need some help modifying it i wood like some simple and not so costly tips and i am from barbados 23 years of age and i love vauxhall :D

Hi there busyb and welcome to TorqueCars. What sort of money are you looking at spending? A 16 valve head would give quite a bit more power or big valve conversion. Are spares easy to get out there for the Astra?

What year is the Astra - I've had a few in my time?

same as a nova gsi engine my mates nova has got a four branch manifold (£80) off ebay
panel filter (£10) from a car show and a kent cam another ebay bargin at £60 and it goes like stink for a 1.6 with cheap mods

I had the 1992 Astra 1.4 hi torq - it was a bit slow. HI Torq seemed to mean low speed. It also didn't have power steering. Have you thought about a sports exhaust? A friend of mine fabricated one for me with a large center silencer and no rear silencer. This actually helped kick up the power a bit and it sounded great. I think he used a cavalier extension box.

As Xedan suggests a panel air filter will be a good cheap mod. (Get a high flow sports filter though)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back