Hi, New guy from down under

Kaspa

Car
63 Lotus 23B
Hi There, Ive just joined up so be gentle with me, i'm from down under in Australia, up on the sunshine coast of Qld , about an hrs drive north of Brisbane,
I've got a little project out in my shed which is a scratch build Lotus 23, powered by a K20Z4 type R civic engine mated to an inverted Subaru STI turbo 5 speed box.
having never had anything to do with a Honda engines in the past I thought it might be prudent to join up and see what tips and tricks I can pick up.
cheers Kaspa

Hi and welcome young man :) to another Aussie from the sunshine state. I live down the road a bit in the western suburbs of Brisbane and was I think?-/ the only Aussie on here for quite a while.

You should check out Steve's "worlds fastest Lotus Elan" build that he has been beavering along with the build for some time now and you will be amazed with his skill and determination to build and mod almost everything single handed.

Your car should be quite a weapon with that Honda engine in a lightweight chassis so are you planning to track it when finished?

Have done a couple of club track days many years ago (app 92-93) when my car was stock and IIRC 1.06 laps. Its a track that can bite if you get it wrong and a lot more challenging than Qld Raceweay.

yeah your right about it biting, it has the highest average speed per lap of all the tracks in aus and is also the most dangerous, due to the lack of run off anywhere. but i love it.

kaspa

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin, sorry for my slow reply, I've not been around for what feels like an age!

Nice to have you along, I hope you're enjoying the site.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

well as 2019 comes to an end i for one wont be sad to see it go, the lotus has had its fair share of teething problems the worst off which was a broken timing chain, [was left in gear while being transported on the trailer] so i bit the bullet and purchased a K24 Z3 and seeing as the exhaust was integrated into the head, i had a think and thought a T4 turbo would bolt on to there with out to much bother, so i did, changed the fuel to E85 and oh dear, 310 RWHP and 460 ft lb torque, not to bad for a stock engine so first trip to the track and as soon as he let the clutch go on the launch control it snapped an axle, bugger, so back into the shed and off with the uprights and machine them out to take chev cv joints, shouldn't break now hopefully.
first meeting for the year in Jan so fingers crossed.

You got there quite quickly and thanks for starting a project thread, it's had quite a few reads already, so please keep us updated and thanks for sharing it with us.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back