Hi! (Jag XK8 4l)

edoardo

Car
xk8 4.0 v8, c63 amg
Hi i am edoardo from italy, im new on the forum. i would like to upgrade my xk8 engine, now is around 300hp with no turbo (4.0 v8). How many hp can i aim to? :)

Hello and welcome!

With enough money most things can achieved. What's your budget?

That's quite a nice budget.
Are you just looking for power? Or do you need to look at brakes and suspension as well? I ask because you may need to look to those places if you go too high with your power as you will want to go around corners and stop :)

In general terms you could open up more power by upgrading the air intake, exhaust, fast road cams and a remap. As a pure (albeit slightly educated) guess I'd say you'd push that 300 to 350.
Turbos are way to get big gains but that opens up a whole lot of other work and your €5k budget will disappear quickly.

i dont know how many hp can my brakes and suspensions menage, but they are designed for around 300hp. should i try it after the engine upgrade?
i've already changed exhaust

If you arent going crazy your brakes etc will probably be ok.

Are you doing the work yourself or paying for a professional?

i am paying for a professional, it costs more but i dont have the knowledge for do it by myself. thx for the help lunchmoney :)
i cant speak a perfect english but i hope you can understand what i'm writing lol

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back