Hi, I'm new!

Jonny1001

Car
Golf 1.9 GT TDi 150
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and just thought I'd introduce myself.

Jonny, from west sussex, uni student, drive a VW Golf Mk4 1.9L GT TDi 150BHP.

I look forward to getting to know you!

Thanks,

J.

hey and welcome johnny.
whats been done tot he golf so far. i was wanting the 150 diesel bora but couldnt find one without the huge premuim for it being an oil burner

Hi pgarner,

Nothing's been done to it as off yet.

What would you recommend?

Yes I believe it can and currently looking into it.

Got any tips?

Cheers.

Hi Jony. Do go with a remap it will transform your cars performance. Good luck with UNI.

sorry for the delay been on nights the last 4 days
remaps

look towards custom code, jabba sport, APR REVO as these are more VAG oriantantied.
with the REVO ones watch out the quite often spike the boost early to give you more of a kick.

other ones to look out for are celtic tuning and our member sr performance

Thanks for your input guys.

Think I will go for the remap, got nothing to loose! Althought being a student, it may not be until I've earned some cash in the summer!

Have been in contact with Celtic Tuning and they seem pretty sound...:) so will probably go with them.

What's the deal with switchable remaps then? Can you simply swap them in and out depending on what kind of driving your doing? E.g upload the "Sport" mode if you're going for a blast and then upload "Eco" when doing a long distance drive? How easy are they to switch round?

Thanks.

not really much point on switchable maps in a diesel as the huge increase in torque gives you beter economy when cruiser anyway, its more for petrol. revos work with a plug in unit that switches the maps (maps are on the ecu the dongle just switches) APR change the maps using the cruise control.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back