Hi i am new here , but would like some help. I

Beddz

Car
Peugeot 307
I am trying to convert a peugeot 307 1.4 in to a track car . Where do I start !!!!

Is this pure track only? Or are you planning on using it as a daily driver as well?

Are you planning on doing the work yourself or employing a garage/mechanic? This will soak up a lot of your budget if you are paying someone to do the work, but if you aren't competent, or have the correct tools, it may be the safer option.

If pure track only I would suggest a roll cage and safety harness first. Which will set you back half your budget.

Then look to tyres and brakes.
Decent tyres can shave seconds on a lap time as do good brakes (later, more powerful, braking into the corners).

I doubt you'll have much of the £1000 left after that but if you do I would move to the suspension. Coilovers are your track friend, adjustable to fine tune to your driving style.

You'll note there's no power mods there. More power is great, but if you can't stop or go around corners then the power is wasted.

That is awesome. Plenty of things to get started. I will be doing the work my self and it will be track only. Thanks for the advice I will keep you updated

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

Sorry for my slow reply, it's been crazy busy here coping with lockdown and looking after the family. Hope you are doing ok.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Hi mate and welcome. If you have time, tools and garage, start with enterior removing, and if you have a welding machine add a cage? if you do it yourself might cost peanuts.

Thanks for all the good advice. The interior has been stripped out and I have some cobra seats a momo steering wheel fitted. My friend is helping with the cage as he has a fabrication company.

can you find rust free pipes with diameter larger than your exhaust? are they cheap where you are from? and also a sport air filter wont be bad.

This sounds like an awesome project I'll be watching with interest.

Welcome to the site, good to have you along. You'll find this site really friendly, helpful and supportive.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back