hi guys

dandy

Car
Peugeot 206 cc
hi guys,

i just signed up to this forum coz i just bought a 2006 peugeot 206 cc car and want to vinyl wrap it.

so its original color is silver and it has red and black leather seats.

i want to wrap it in black matte vinyl and like have a tribal but a bit girly (am a girl lool) design on it.:love:

i was wondering if you guys can tell me the pros and cons of vinyl wrapping, like:

-will it look good on my car?

-would it damage the paint underneath it?

-if i want to peel it off and the car already has accident marks will it peel off with the vinyl?

-how much would it cost?

-if my car is convertible will the vinyl look good on the rooftop or will it peel on the edges?

-should i do it black vinyl first and then stick the red design on it? or does it come in a whole printed 1 piece thing?

-if i bump the car, is it easy to replace the vinyl?

and could u guys like show me some designs that might work with a peugeot??

thanks for ur help :D

Hello and welcome, I've copied this thread to our styling forum for you so we can answer some of your many questions.

:D thanks

and i know there are too many questions heheh but you know am a girl so i know nothing about cars n stuff hehe

welcome to the site.

one downside of matt vinyl is that its hard to clean using normal cleaners as it will end up streaky.
and it would be advisable for professional fitment. its not as easy as fitting a sticker

will it look good on my car?
- that depends on you the owner

Shouldnt if its done properly

-if i want to peel it off and the car already has accident marks will it peel off with the vinyl?
Not the easiest to remove due to the glues, but any marks underneath will still be visable

-how much would it cost?

-if my car is convertible will the vinyl look good on the rooftop or will it peel on the edges?

-should i do it black vinyl first and then stick the red design on it? or does it come in a whole printed 1 piece thing?
it would come seperate

???

thx pgarner

nevermind the bumping part someone explained to me that it doesnt come as one full piece so i can just change the affected area.

i want to wrap it in black matte vinyl and like have a tribal but a bit girly (am a girl lool) design on it.:love:

i was wondering if you guys can tell me the pros and cons of vinyl wrapping, like:

-will it look good on my car?
My personal opinion is no. But it's your car.

No. It is essentially a big sticker. It will be a pain to take off though.

I doubt it. It will probably just cover it up.

-how much would it cost?
Anywhere between £1000-1500 is what I've heard. In theory, the smaller the car, the lower the cost.

Assuming it's a hardtop it should act just the same as the rest of the car.

I'd assume it to be 2 seperate layers.

I would imagine you'd have to have the entire panel re-done.

More information:

- You have to take constant care of it (even in the winter). Much more care than paint requires. This includes washing it once a week.

- A very well cared after one will still only last from around 3 to 5 years.

- Inside the bonnet and the door shuts can be difficult to do.

- You don't have to tell the DVLA (where as a full respray you do) as it is only a temporary colour change.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back