Hi Guys

ZeroShift21

Car
C3 1.6 16V VTR
Hey guys. I'm new here and I know pretty much nothing about improving car performance.

I own a Citroen C3 1.6 VTR. Are there any worthwhile gains with this car without spending loads or increasing fuel consumption by a silly amount?

Hope to hear from you guys soon :)

it depends on what you call loads to be honest. first i would start with the exhaust personally, i would imagine something in the region of £350-400 should get you a decent set of pipes. eeerrrrm dont be fooled by air intake filters cos in the main if u uipgrade from the panel filter thats in u may actually lose a few BHP. to get any significant gains you would really re-map your ECU (again £300-400 basic). getting onto fuel consumption..............whatever you do, your MPG will drop, simple physics mate, engine works harder and faster......burns more fuel as a result. the only way to keep your MPG up is to back off the throttle (i think we both know that isn't going to happen) anyway, welcome to the forum........nice car by the way.......

Thanks for your advice :D. Yeah i guessed that whatever I do to it, the MPG would go down. My usual driving style isn't too bad for that... With ECU re-maps are we talking a lot of increase or something like 2-5bhp? I realise I'll probably have to chuck a load of money at it for anything big.

Are there any other C3 owners on here who have done stuff to theirs?

ECU map will give you the biggest gain that can be done easily. on a 1.6 somewhere around 8bhp.

exhaust and panel filter (by exhaust im meaning the whole thing) you should see around another 5-8bhp.
cams would be another good thing to change by going for a fast road / mild cam

Re MPG the mods will give you an increase in torque as this is higher the engine doesnt have to work as hard so you can see sutble increases in MPG by continuing to hold the same driving style ( like thats going to happen really ;)) diesels see this quite alot

Cool thanks for the info! :amuse: My mate has put a new throttle body on his rover. What sort of difference would that make? Thanks for the welcome.

not sure tbh mate. some rovers didnt take to the bigger throttle bodies as well as others.
with alot of mods then yeah maybe otherwise id just look at getting it gas flowed

Bit late to the party buy anyhow hello there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, nice to meet you.

A fast road cam, or look to the VTS engine for suitable upgrade parts.:D

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back