Hi from Devon.

falcon7

Wrench Pro
Car
Seat Altea 1.9TDI
I have a Seat Altea 1.9TDI.
When I bought it a few years ago I was looking for a VAG 1.9TDI with a good engine code. I found one and accepted whatever car came with it:)
Had a remap which really improved the performance but subsequently saw off the DMF. \B

Thanks for the welcome.
I think it's a great forum with lots of interesting threads and I look forward to learning a great deal and maybe even contributing a little.

Welcome to the site, really nice to have you along. Please get involved in our discussions and topics, we're all here to learn and share a love of cars, driving and motoring.

Enjoy your time with us, I'm sure as your knowledge grows you'll start to save loads of money on repair bills and learn which mods are worth doing and which are just fluff.

I have a Seat Altea 1.9TDI.
When I bought it a few years ago I was looking for a VAG 1.9TDI with a good engine code. I found one and accepted whatever car came with it:)
Had a remap which really improved the performance but subsequently saw off the DMF. \B

howdo, must have been an aggressive map? I had a Bora PD130bhp /220lbft which I took to 170/290. clutch is rated to 300lbft and I could have remapped to 190/330 I think it was but I didnt for that reason.

Have you took the map off, or upgraded the clutch? The standard turbo can take 190bhp.

I don't intend to take the remap off as I love what it does for the car.
In hindsight I think the DMF was on it's way out when I bought the car and the increased power from the remap saw it off in short order.:(
I bought a solid flywheel conversion kit from Euro car parts as I thought that would be better with the increased power but that didn't work, the clutch wouldn't disengage. :confused:
It had to be taken out and a replacement DMF put back in. :}>

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back